Author Topic: Here's What I Believe - the Album - release date 10th September  (Read 194287 times)

JoeMegaFan

• Superman
Re: Here's What I Believe - the Album - release date 10th September
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »
Didn't know Josh Groban did rock ;)

Well I grant you he 'aint no Axl Rose but he can rock it out when he wants to!  :rofl3:  :rofl3:

:rofl3:
Thanks to Mihi for my wonderful sig !!

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 06:16:09 PM »
thanks sarah :thankyou: love you too :bighug:--- duets could work in future  i think .  and i know what you mean about  joe/ cheryl fans -- but her voice isnt as good as joes thats all.

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

orchid

• Superman
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 06:18:16 PM »
I am at a loss to give a definite idea as to what I would choose for his next album.. I do know an awful lot of thought has to be put into it though.

Im at the end of the 'age spectrum' of Joes fans and Im not greatly impressed with a lot of the music of day that is out there..I  do listen to pop and in between loads of rubbish there are some really good numbers.
I dont think he should be chasing the charts, nothing has changed in that particular field and as much as I would like him to smash through the barrier that seems, on the whole, to be up against good singing and great melody, I feel he would be foolish to just pursue that goal.

I love him singing anything, from up beat numbers, big heart wrenching ballads, to Classical and acoustic numbers too.

He's doing very well in the industry at the moment, and is slowly but surely building his fan base.
And I dont want him to rock the boat or take chances at this point.
I would love to hear some new numbers, but am really nervous about how good they will be, to write a stunning number which hits all the right notes and is spot on for Joes voice will not be an easy task.

I, unlike a lot  of fans, am not adverse to hearing him do more covers, there is a wealth of beautifully written music out there, unheard of by the younger generation  and would, once given the 'Joe' touch, be superb!
But Im sure the advice he is given will be well thought out, and Im sure also that Joe will listen long and hard, and will then take the decision himself as to whats the right way to go with his next album  :ilovejoe:

:goodpost:

I just hope Joe goes on appealing to all his younger fans.  I know older fans can be a bit more dedicated and loyal but he is only 20 years old and should still be performing to some  fans of his own age.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 06:32:49 PM »
yes orchid -- joe needs his younger fans too --- his only 20 years old -- hayley is 23 years old shes a fairly young fan who is also dedicated  as alot of fans are young / old / or in between ----- think we just fear if he left classics behind --- we will have problems we had  before PSTOS ------ where we had the downs of the  joe rollercoaster  ride ------ we still need to keep the classic fans --- joe needs ALL FANS  young and older -- but -- he needs to keep fans he has made since PSTOS  too --- and joe knows this -- if joe could combine the two genres --- pop/ classics like josh it would be great .

tinabee

• Superman
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »
Re: Josh Groban tour, how I would love that kind of venue and crowd for Joe, and I agree Trudy, Joe's TWYA is much better than Josh's version, in fact from what I heard from the preview Joe sounds 100% better and that's with very little experience and only being 20 years old.  :goofy:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »
agree tina bee --- i think if joe was american --- he would have been promoted like josh too.

KR51

• Superman
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »
To be honest, I have never listened to any of Josh Groban's songs, and if that short excerpt of his tour is anything to go by, Joe has nothing to worry about. He is a far better singer than Josh. I only hope Universal see the potential in Joe and take him and his music to the states.  :ilovejoe:

marylou

• Superman
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »
yes orchid -- joe needs his younger fans too --- his only 20 years old -- hayley is 23 years old shes a fairly young fan who is also dedicated  as alot of fans are young / old / or in between ----- think we just fear if he left classics behind --- we will have problems we had  before PSTOS ------ where we had the downs of the  joe rollercoaster  ride ------ we still need to keep the classic fans --- joe needs ALL FANS  young and older -- but -- he needs to keep fans he has made since PSTOS  too --- and joe knows this -- if joe could combine the two genres --- pop/ classics like josh it would be great .
Fairly Young!!!! she will love you for that!! she is very young.. and only a 'pip' older than our Joe.. Reckon I might start calling myself 'fairly old' it sounds so much better   than!!**!! dont you think Trudy!!

sandyrose102

• Superman
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »
http://www.billboard.com/news/il-volo-transitions-from-italian-tv-to-american-1005187372.story#/news/il-volo-transitions-from-italian-tv-to-american-1005187372.story

Thought this was interesting re classical crossover in USA and mentioning how they picked the songs and intended marketing.

BlueAngel51

• Superman
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »

joan46

• Superman
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 07:43:26 PM »
Just had a listen and he is'nt a patch on our Joe   :ilovejoe:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »
 yes marylou hayley is very young  too ---- and perhaps you and i will be fairly old haahaa together.

mihi

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
Just had a listen and he is'nt a patch on our Joe   :ilovejoe:
He might not be a patch on Joe singing wise, but Joe can learn a lot from Josh Groban, I mean a career like Josh, doing what he loves, that would be a dream for Joe(and fans) wouldn't it?
The problem is wanting too much I think.
Most artists that tour have a few albums under their belt, different albums which they can perform live, Joe went from one end of the scale to another. And that is not a bad thing, it just makes deciding what the fourth album will be, different, harder.
Within several popular genres it is well possible to include both uptempo and ballads whether that genre is R&B, Rock, Country etc. The problem is, where does that leave classic and Joe's classical fanbase?
Going down the all classic road isn't an option either, as Joe said himself, he is crossover.

He cannot afford to turn his back on either, I think. They could do Classic 2.0 sort of speak. Or they could do a more poppy album. Either way they have to put a lot of thought in. If they do classic 2.0 they will have to dig deeper in the music archives and try and find the songs that Joe can fully put his own twist on without people having expectations or huge prior favorite performances of that song. Because if that song is well known by a certain artist, that song will be played.
If they choose to go down a popular route they will have to put a lot of effort in to find the right type of songwriter with the right type of songs. If you want the album to sell well, it should be an album, the songs should be better when you listen to them as a whole. It should be a thoughtfully put together album, and nothing can fall out of place if that makes sense. Of course the songs should be good as stand alone song too.
I don't want to be a doomthinker, but when he chooses to do this, he will be tied to the popcharts again, so that will mean more attention from the media, which can turn out to be very problematic if the album failed to tick all those boxes. I'm not worried about Joe ticking all the boxes, he does, every single one. But you are only as strong as your weakest link.
Of course this is all my opinion and I can be very very wrong.
Personally I'd like to hear him sing songs like Big River more countryesk or Affirmations/love story/human type of pop with some powerful ballads. I liked rule the world etc too. But he needs to make a choice I think so the album has a clear direction, so noone can fault that.
Not saying this direction should be permanent, just for the album.

carisma

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »
Great post mihi.   :thumbsup:

I like the idea of a two CD album, Hayley :cool:

Well written and constructed songs, with radio support and a smash hit single .... see, it is easy when you say it quickly  :snigger:

One of my favourite, and maybe most surprising, performances from last year was Come Together at the charity gig, a song I have never rated before, but hearing Joe singing it transformed it. 

I also listened to DLTSGDOM from X Factor again this morning (thanks to YL) for the first time in ages and I was amazed at the energy Joe put into that performance even though he was basically standing still.

Although I melt when Joe sings TWYA, DWMF, WACIB I think he does the pop/rock thing like Human, Affirmations etc so well (although to be honest DSB has never been one of my favourites  :blush:) that I would love to hear more - but like ballads they have to really good songs if they are to be originals.

Like Mary Lou though, although originals would be nice, I am not too hung up on that aspect - there are 100's of hidden gems out there that I would love to hear Joe do justice to.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:03:08 PM by carisma »

Thanks to Mihi for my sig  :)

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
i  dont think  joe can  just do ONE GENRE OF MUSIC  on his next album --- he has to keep ALL FANS happy -- therefore classic / poprock /  ballads/ etc will all have to be on 4th album -- joe cannot  afford to do just pop right now --- he has fans from classic and pop and will have to keep them all happy --- and his not a classical singer but crossover  classic  and he still needs to keep those fans.