Author Topic: Here's What I Believe - the Album - release date 10th September  (Read 193425 times)

MEW

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
Re: Here's What I Believe - the Album - release date 10th September
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »
it would be great for the fans, to have a 2 cd album.
I wonder if anyone has ever done anything like this: 1 pop cd, 1 classical in the same box...
Now that would be nice, lets say about 14 tracks on each disc. :snigger:

22/5/2010 4/6/2011 5/6/2011 24/7/2011 5/11/2011 11/8/2012
http://www.mcelderrydaily.com/

marylou

• Superman
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »
I am at a loss to give a definite idea as to what I would choose for his next album.. I do know an awful lot of thought has to be put into it though.

Im at the end of the 'age spectrum' of Joes fans and Im not greatly impressed with a lot of the music of day that is out there..I  do listen to pop and in between loads of rubbish there are some really good numbers.
I dont think he should be chasing the charts, nothing has changed in that particular field and as much as I would like him to smash through the barrier that seems, on the whole, to be up against good singing and great melody, I feel he would be foolish to just pursue that goal.

I love him singing anything, from up beat numbers, big heart wrenching ballads, to Classical and acoustic numbers too.

He's doing very well in the industry at the moment, and is slowly but surely building his fan base.
And I dont want him to rock the boat or take chances at this point.
I would love to hear some new numbers, but am really nervous about how good they will be, to write a stunning number which hits all the right notes and is spot on for Joes voice will not be an easy task.

I, unlike a lot  of fans, am not adverse to hearing him do more covers, there is a wealth of beautifully written music out there, unheard of by the younger generation  and would, once given the 'Joe' touch, be superb!
But Im sure the advice he is given will be well thought out, and Im sure also that Joe will listen long and hard, and will then take the decision himself as to whats the right way to go with his next album  :ilovejoe:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
i agree marylou -- altho i feel joe has to keep both pop and classic fans happy -- i dont think joe can just leave the classics behind at this stage and think joe knows that himself and so do decca --- i think joe also knows the fans would like some original songs too -- and thats why he has said about  writing / co writing some songs --- maybe with a little help - from friend ash who writes songs too --- joe will get it right im sure as he  is a perfectionist in his  music --- and i think joe will neverr let us down -- as we know from  everything joe has done before . i hope album 4 is brilliant. :ilovejoe:

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

Peggysue/Maggs

• Superman
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
I'm even further down/up ? the age spectrum  :( but after Joe's performaces on THE TOUR  I would hate Joe to give up on the pop up beat songs especially if another tour is to come after the album and this is where he may find some new songs but it is difficult to see how he can mix genre's on an album and more so perhaps as he is with Decca.

The Wide Awake songs Joe sang on the Tour were given a great make over especially Ambitions from a cheesey dance set to a exuberant rocky one and a raunchy USRO, and If you Love Me...what a great opener!  the next tour would be sadly lacking without something similar.

So what will Joe/Decca put on album No. 4? :tease:

sandyrose102

• Superman
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »

First time I've tried to put a link up so hope it works  :tease:

If I've done it right it should be the trailer for Josh Groban's concert.
Does anyone think this sort of stuff could be a route for Joe because Josh Groban seems to appeal to all sorts of music tastes.   He does up tempo rocky stuff too.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:27:41 PM by sandyrose102 »

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
of course joe will still need his pop/ rock  on his album we need them too for tours/ gigs etc --- but i feel if he leaves the classics behind --=- he will find maybe his back to  before PSTOS --- where  we didnt know wether joe would get an album  ever again ---- i just know he cannot leave the l classics behind --- CLASSIC got joe a gold disc in weeks it took him  a year to get gold with  WA ------ we need joe to still keep classics as its popular --- but also to do some pop/ rock aswell so we have the uptempo  aswell which gets the crowd dancing at gigs/ tour/ etc --- afraid joe will have to  mix the genres of music to keep ALL  FANS  happy.

KR51

• Superman
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »
I am at a loss to give a definite idea as to what I would choose for his next album.. I do know an awful lot of thought has to be put into it though.

Im at the end of the 'age spectrum' of Joes fans and Im not greatly impressed with a lot of the music of day that is out there..I  do listen to pop and in between loads of rubbish there are some really good numbers.
I dont think he should be chasing the charts, nothing has changed in that particular field and as much as I would like him to smash through the barrier that seems, on the whole, to be up against good singing and great melody, I feel he would be foolish to just pursue that goal.

I love him singing anything, from up beat numbers, big heart wrenching ballads, to Classical and acoustic numbers too.

He's doing very well in the industry at the moment, and is slowly but surely building his fan base.
And I dont want him to rock the boat or take chances at this point.
I would love to hear some new numbers, but am really nervous about how good they will be, to write a stunning number which hits all the right notes and is spot on for Joes voice will not be an easy task.

I, unlike a lot  of fans, am not adverse to hearing him do more covers, there is a wealth of beautifully written music out there, unheard of by the younger generation  and would, once given the 'Joe' touch, be superb!
But Im sure the advice he is given will be well thought out, and Im sure also that Joe will listen long and hard, and will then take the decision himself as to whats the right way to go with his next album  :ilovejoe:

:goodpost:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »
sandyrose --- EXACTLY  right -- JOSH GROBAN --- IS WHAT WE WANT FOR JOE=== CLASSICS/ POP-ROCK COMBINED -- JOE WOULD BE MARKETED THIS WAY IN USA.,/- JOE NEEDS THIS KINDA PROMO ---- by the way joes to where you are --- is better than joshs LIVE.

Sarah

• Wide Awake
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
Well here goes, I agree with Hayley but also, (And I think some may slate me here but oh well!!!) I would love to hear originals again like Wide Awake but, I would really LOVE to have an album on duets. Cheryl, George Michael, Will Young, Leona Lewis.....You get the picture. Not for his 4 th album but, in the future.

Got a feeling I'm going to get that hairdryer effect from you guys. Ha,ha  :-) xxxxx

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »
after joes 4th album joe could do duets maybe --- george micheal / adele/ etc ----  i wouldnt mind joe singing duets with other GOOD SINGERS --- but i personally would leave cheryl  cole out of it she doesnt sing as good as joe and would spoil it all -------- shes  soooooooooo 2009 --- in my way of seeing joe  now ---- joe sang her  song promise this  soooo much better -- i fear shed spoil it all --- but -- sarah -- DUETS could work i guess ------- sarah NO SLATING --- its a good thought./ idea.

Sarah

• Wide Awake
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
after joes 4th album joe could do duets maybe --- george micheal / adele/ etc ----  i wouldnt mind joe singing duets with other GOOD SINGERS --- but i personally would leave cheryl  cole out of it she doesnt sing as good as joe and would spoil it all -------- shes  soooooooooo 2009 --- in my way of seeing joe  now ---- joe sang her  song promise this  soooo much better -- i fear shed spoil it all --- but -- sarah -- DUETS could work i guess ------- sarah NO SLATING --- its a good thought./ idea.

Wow!!!! I love you Trudy  :haha:  I like Cheryl though. I think fans of both her and Joe would enjoy them both dueting. xxx

marylou

• Superman
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
All things are possible Sarah when your blessed with charm and a voice like Joes! and Im sure there will be great duets in the future...
I also loved the Josh Groban intro... Joe could do all of those numbers as easily as falling off a log(he could do that too)..Bearing in mind he is younger and hasnt been going quite as long ..but with investment, and my favourite word.. 'vision' ..there is no doubt in my mind that Joe could deliver an incredible collection of tracks which would earn him even more kudos, followers and another gold disc :ilovejoe:!!!

mihi

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
Didn't know Josh Groban did rock ;)

Sug60

• Superman
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »
I have to agree with Hayley really think he needs to do some classical on album as Joe did make a lot of new fans from PSTOS. Do hope there will be more pop as this certainly seems to get everyone going at his gigs. I am sure that he will have a go at writing and we all know that Joe is a perfectionist and wants everything spot on. I wouldn't mind a duet somewhere down the line but of course we will just have to wait and see it is all very exciting.  :ilovejoe: :ilovejoe:

Special thanks to Mihi for avatar and signature

sandyrose102

• Superman
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »
Didn't know Josh Groban did rock ;)

Well I grant you he 'aint no Axl Rose but he can rock it out when he wants to!  :rofl3:  :rofl3: