Author Topic: Here's What I Believe - the Album - release date 10th September  (Read 193309 times)

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
Here's What I Believe - the Album - release date 10th September
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »
Here are info gathered along the way (or the wait...)
More originals than covers. (EDIT: This turned out not to be true ;) ) No classical. Half way between Wide Awake and Classic. Ballads and mid-tempo. One in Italian. "Timeless love songs". Twelve (maybe more) tracks.

Covers:
Skyscraper – Demi Lovato
Something’s Gotten Hold of My Heart - Gene Pitney
How We Love – Beth Nielsen Chapman
I Look To You – Whitney Houston
When I Need You - Leo Sayer
I Don't Want To Talk About It - Rod Stewart etc.
Love Of My Life - Queen
E Pense A Te (And I Think Of You) - Lucio Battisti

Originals:
What have I Done - Self-Penned song by Joe with Jamie Squire (premiered at Sheftival 4/8/2012)
Here’s What I Believe – with Marcella Detroit (and Gavin Clark from Unkle)
Your Voice - with Ludovico Einaudi - & Helen Boulding (from interview with markmeets)
To Have A Broken Heart - Belle Humble & Jez Ashurst
My Love Will Find You - Beth Chapman

BONUS TRACKS:
All originals
Mayday - Joe McElderry, Helen Boulding & Cass Lowe
Silence is the Loudest Cry - Joe McElderry, Gavin Clark & Helen Boulding
Rescue Us - Edvard Forre Erfjord, Henrik Michelsen & Gary Go

Various sources say three tracks written/co-written by Joe but there is info concerning two further tracks - details sketchy:

x - with Helen Boulding (see above - Your Voice)
x - The one written by Joe alone

Original by others:
1 recorded wc 16/07 (seen at studio, reportedly recording B-sides... possibly- could be bonus tracks)
To Have A Broken Heart (premiered at Sheftival 4/8/2012) - written by Belle Humble and Jez Ashurst

Joe McElderry ‏@joemcelderry91 27/07/12
Off to the studio for a little bit ... x

Beth Nielsen Chapman - Facebook - 22/07/12 - I caught up with the very talented Joe McElderry who recorded a couple of my songs for his upcoming Decca release...what a voice!

Joe McElderry ‏@joemcelderry91 21/07/12
I'm excited about my new album Here's what I Believe that we are bringing the release date forward to the 10th of september :D :D

Joe McElderry ‏@joemcelderry91 19/07/12
Studio was great!! Soo great that i'm now putting one of the bonus tracks on the main album!! :D

Joe McElderry ‏@joemcelderry91 17/07/12
back in the studio tomorrow to record a few extra things! ;)

Joe McElderry ‏@joemcelderry91 05/0712
Brilliant night!! Off to eat popcorn and skyping over to america!!
probably with Beth Nielsen Chapman (according to what Joe said on BBC radio Hereford & Worcester 20/08/12)

Joe McElderry ‏@joemcelderry91 20/06/12
quick re vocal in the studio today!!

@MusicSalesUK
02/03/12
Writing week Day 4: What a week it's been. New music coming from @LudovicoEinaud @BelleHumble @CassLowe @LouiseNThePins @forgetcape & more
exciting!!!!
05/03/12
Just in the studio listening to the tracks from songwriters. @joemcelderry91 you nearly made me cry! What a voice, what beautiful lyrics.

Helen Boulding @HelenBoulding
Saturday 03/03/12
great songs @joemcelderry91 , I'm listening back to the 3 we wrote and they sound amazing! well done : )
04/03/12
HELEN BOULDING ‏
@CassLowe hey you! I have had 2 days off, naughty me. Absolutely lovin' the song we wrote with joe! Can't stop singing it : )
4 Mar Michael Price ‏ @michael__price   
@HELENBOULDING @CassLowe Aha - have you guys worked together now? Love you both! M
4 Mar Cass Lowe ‏ @CassLowe   
@michael__price @HELENBOULDING ;) actually come to think of it, if all goes to plan we might need your stringy help, down the line!
Wednesday 14/03/12
HELEN BOULDING ‏ @HELENBOULDING 
Wrote an amazing song today @joemcelderry91 sang the most beautiful vocal..... Just gorgeous : )
HELEN BOULDING ‏@HELENBOULDING
Heard all recordings of the songs we wrote for the album @joemcelderry91 , well done joe! Sounding great! Xx
17/08/12
Helen confirmed that the song that features on the album was written by her AND Joe.

Cass Lowe @CassLowe
Friday 02/03/12
I've written 8 songs in 5 days.

Bella Humble @BellaHumble
Friday 02/03/12
@joemcelderry91 is an amazing singer AND a kick-ass songwriter! Cycling round the studio writing and singing songs ;)

The Italian song is 'pop' (from phone interview pre Sheftival)

Original post :D

What would you like for album number four?

Feel free to suggest tracks/genres or anything else.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:34:47 AM by judetheobscure »

Hayley

• Superman
Re: Here's What I Believe - the Album - release date 10th September
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »
It's rather complicated lol.

I think Joe needs to reference his classical style on the next album to keep hold of the PSTOS fans. But I would like Joe to do a album of KILLER songs, as many originals as possible, ballads and some more pop/rock kind of styles like Affirmation.  I would like Joe to do a 2 CD album, one for the classical stuff and one for the other songs.  I would love an acoustic song or two with just a piano or guitar, or any other lush instrument.

I want Joe and team Joe to work very hard on this album, found/co-written some of the best songs since sliced bread, good production.  And I want us all, as well as the world to love it!

Not asking for much am I? And I clearly haven't thought about it at all.  :ilovejoe:

Thanks to Mihi for my sig.

Twitter http://twitter.com/Hubz1988  %-P

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hubz1988?fe

Follow me on Instagram  http://followgram.me/hubz1988/

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 11:04:54 PM »
I would love an album with about 14 tracks: 12 is just too short for a gorgeous voice like his, and 13 is bad luck  :haha:

I guess he would talk about family, friends and home when writing songs, as it is important for him. But there is most probably much more that we don't know about him, and it will be interesting to see what he chooses to sing about.
I would love to hear him sing a song in the rythm and pop/rock style of affirmation.
He needs to have a couple of big lush pop love ballads
Would be good to have Big River on there. I think it would go down really well. It wouldn't have to be the exact same version that is on the DVD Big River Big Song. They could fiddle with the arrangement a bit, although I love it as it is. That could be the only cover on the album.
We need new, new, new and more new material.

I would love to hear another classical song, but I don't know how it would fit with a pop album.

Anyhow, a pop/rock album is definitely what I would like to hear next.

BlueAngel51

• Superman
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:10:06 PM »

I think Joe needs to reference his classical style on the next album to keep hold of the PSTOS fans. But I would like Joe to do a album of KILLER songs, as many originals as possible, ballads and some more pop/rock kind of styles like Affirmation.  I would like Joe to do a 2 CD album, one for the classical stuff and one for the other songs.  I would love an acoustic song or two with just a piano or guitar, or any other lush instrument.

I want Joe and team Joe to work very hard on this album, found/co-written some of the best songs since sliced bread, good production.  And I want us all, as well as the

Not asking for much am I? And I clearly haven't thought about it at all.  :ilovejoe:

"What Hayley said! "  :thumbsup:

cassi

• Superman
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 11:24:08 PM »
I'm with Hayley on this Joe needs to keep the fans he picked up on PSTOS and by just doing a pop album I fear he would loose some fans. Want the majority of the album to be originals along the lines of Open Arms,Love Story. A 2 CD album as Hayley said is a great idea, more Joe to listen too. :D

For me personally I would be happy with either pop or classical as I just adore Joe voice. :swoon:

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 11:32:11 PM »
it would be great for the fans, to have a 2 cd album.
I wonder if anyone has ever done anything like this: 1 pop cd, 1 classical in the same box...

Hayley

• Superman
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:11 PM »
I wonder if anyone has ever done anything like this: 1 pop cd, 1 classical in the same box...

Don't think so, first time for everything.

Some people have experimented with the uptempo vs ballads double CD album.  Beyonce and Nelly are two I can think of off the top of my head.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 11:35:21 PM »
i agree with hayley too --- i dont feel joe can leave the classics and the fans joe has made from PSTOS -- so  like the idea of the  2 cd album -- one classic cd/ 1 pop / ballads cd too --- and  a bit of accoustics  too/ a bit of all things joe -- and a song or two written by joe originals ( or joe co written) :ilovejoe:

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

tinabee

• Superman
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »

I want Joe and team Joe to work very hard on this album, found/co-written some of the best songs since sliced bread, good production.  And I want us all, as well as the world to love it!

:goodpost: I also agree with Hayley a 2 CD album would be ideal one with classical and one with pop ballads and rock/pop would keep fans of both genres happy, and hopefully well written originals. Great idea, Hayley, lets hope Decca have the same idea.

tinabee

• Superman
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 11:39:54 PM »

Don't think so, first time for everything.

Some people have experimented with the uptempo vs ballads double CD album.  Beyonce and Nelly are two I can think of off the top of my head.

George Michael was another one. Double album one for the soul and one for the feet, ballad and uptempo. Great album!!

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
well, Hayley, I hope you talked to Joe about that. Could work.
I guess it takes quite some time to record, as we want this to be perfetto!!!!!

Hayley

• Superman
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 11:49:08 PM »
well, Hayley, I hope you talked to Joe about that. Could work.
I guess it takes quite some time to record, as we want this to be perfetto!!!!!

Nope, funnily enough we didn't talk that much about the next album with Joe when we spoke to him on tour, covered lots of conversations but not really that lol.

If I get a chance to chat to him I will bring it up.  :thumbsup:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 12:05:48 AM »
yes  hayley -- tell joe when you chat next.

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

mr wombat

• Feel the Fire
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
I like the idea of 2 CDs, not as a double album, but as 2 separate albums - a pop-leaning album and a classical-leaning album, with the classical album being a "plan B" in case the pop album doesn't do very well.  If the pop album is a success, then the classical album could be released later in the year, which would be timely if PSTOS is back on.  It would take too long to produce 24-28 songs especially with a lot of new songs.

I hope they produce an album with the intention of promoting it in America.  That straight away will mean no falsettos.  If they can't picture him singing it on an American TV show, then don't waste time recording it.

JoeMegaFan

• Superman
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »
Joe certainly needs new killer songs to avoid being seen as someone who just does covers or classic songs. We've seen the effect he has on sales of the original artists' versions so it's high time he got this benefit for himself.  He also needs some of them to be great pop songs (a la Adele) to get radio AirPlay and also press coverage. I see very little about Joe in the media so that needs addressed somehow.
Adam Lambert in the USA is an interesting comparison-he has co-written his second album (after an acknowledged rushed first album which didn't show his voice to its best) and his fans there hope this album will get him the respect he deserves. Difference is Adam is on the Leno and Ellen shows getting max promo. Joe needs to be the singer and guest on some national evening shows when he does have a great song to showcase.
Thanks to Mihi for my wonderful sig !!