Author Topic: Speculation Thread  (Read 210796 times)

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
Speculation Thread
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »
Saw this tweet:

Brianmccann1 brian mccann
I auditioned for a part last month and was told Joe mcelderry was being considered for it, it felt nice #popstartooperastar
5 Jun Favorite Retweet Reply

His profile says he is understudy and swing for Phantom - so presumably we are talking musicals (assuming all bona fide of course).

roec

• Superman
Re: Speculation Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »
Oh thanks Jude, interesting
I'd be surprised at them telling someone who they were considering tbh...but then i've never auditioned for anything so what would i know, just wouldn't have thought it would be the done thing :wacko:

Thanks for the gorgeous sig MEW :)

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »
Well they actually do mention that.

I know in the musical business , auditioning for a part is a thing everyone has to do. Even the bigger musical stars have to audition for the part they are more or less certain they will get.
Casting directors may consider someone for a role, but they always have others audition as well.

I know this musical actress who auditioned for a part, they told her that someone else was considered for the part, but they had to be absolutely sure that that other actress could be fitted in with the other actors and cast.  She was told that if there was more chemistry between the her and the male actor, she might got that part, despite the other was 'considered'
Auditioning is something you have to do a lot, and usually there is lots of honesty involved.

roec

• Superman
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:39:34 PM »
Oh i know you'd have to audition just surprised they'd tell you who you are up against!!
They obviously don't expect any dirty tricks so like locking your competion in the toilets or something!!!! :rofl2:

Hayley

• Superman
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
Interesting Jude, so the Les Mis type speculation starts again.  :)

Thanks to Mihi for my sig.

Twitter http://twitter.com/Hubz1988  %-P

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hubz1988?fe

Follow me on Instagram  http://followgram.me/hubz1988/

adayseye

• Superman
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:02:48 PM »
Yikes :wacko: :focus:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:58:19 PM »
I knew you wouldn't like it  :thumbsdown:

roec

• Superman
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 07:59:35 PM »
Well i don't really either so i have no idea why i said interesting!!! :blush: :rofl2:

adayseye

• Superman
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »
I knew you wouldn't like it  :thumbsdown:

I'm not against it per say I and I imagine most of his fans who are not in the vacinity of London would like him to have a recording contract otherwise we won't get to hear him much. :cry:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 08:48:10 PM »
I think a recording contract is top on all our wish lists. Followed by live shows around the country (and Europe/rest of the world) but a nice little run in a respected musical would suit me :)

tinabee

• Superman
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »
 I wonder if Joe has been invited to Katherine Jenkins wedding later on this year. Would explain the coming to Cardiff soon he said on Ustream or was it that other thing where you had to record a message(forget what it's called). Maybe he's singing at her wedding? Here we go again with the speculations. :rofl2:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 12:11:26 AM »
Ooh, that would be nice  :clap: (soundcloud by the way  :-) )

Hayley

• Superman
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 12:54:40 AM »
I think a recording contract is top on all our wish lists. Followed by live shows around the country (and Europe/rest of the world) but a nice little run in a respected musical would suit me :)

Ditto.

Thing is, I don't think Joe can't continue to do these gigs for too much longer, singing the same X Factor to alot of the same crowd.  At least doing theatre he could get some valuable experience, credibility and a chance to be seen by influencial and powerful people in the industry, that isn't going to happen at hotels, gay clubs or small events such as Rushfest.  I think it's realistic.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:28:07 AM by Hayley »

Thanks to Mihi for my sig.

Twitter http://twitter.com/Hubz1988  %-P

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hubz1988?fe

Follow me on Instagram  http://followgram.me/hubz1988/

joella

• Superman
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »

Ditto.

Thing is, I don't think Joe can continue to do these gigs for too much longer, singing the same X Factor to alot of the same crowd.  At least doing theatre he could get some valuable experience, credibility and a chance to be seen by influencial and powerful people in the industry, that isn't going to happen at hotels, gay clubs or small events such as Rushfest.  I think it's realistic.

I totally agree he will run out of steam after the summer gigs and he needs somewhere else to go for new material. I'm hoping the current project will find gold somewhere! :)

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
It will be very interesting to see what he does next.

He's been dropping hints about an album or recording some more music, we have the acoustics which suddenly got lost and then we've still got rumours of musicals.

Interestingly tonight billyt is tweeting about staying in a 5* hotel, presumably where Joe is. So is this hotel being paid for by PtoO? Presumably not 51BG although that was 5* too?