Author Topic: Why Joe doesn't get airplay  (Read 20663 times)

joan46

• Superman
Re: Why Joe doesn't get airplay
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
Caroline I come from the North East where Joe is Ffrom and even his local radio stations hardly played him and most of them did'nt play him at all . Its so frustrating to see a young man with an incredible voice being treated this way .You would think being a local lad they would have made the effort  I tried and tried by email and even phoning in to get him played. We really cannot fathom it out at all why this all happened .Hopefully this new label will manage to get it sorted even though up to now they have'nt managed it.

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
And it's the same even on the "oldie" stations like Magic. Such a wealth of music to choose from and yet they play the same tracks day in and day out.

yes, they do. they keep playing it, feeding the public and telling them that it's a great tune and they convince everyone. I don''t listen to radio anymore. I used to like Heart, but gave up on them as I realised they are most probably the most corrupted of the lot!

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
well, you guys can count on me on dodge! will try and do another show soon!

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

marylou

• Superman
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 10:47:47 AM »
I think I came to the decision a while back that although I am really cross about lack of air play both in the past and in the present I wouldnt keep getting angry as even without this it is becoming obvious that Joe is at last becoming established and known.
I honestly believe he is on his way, and as he gradually builds up his standing within the industry and attracts the attention of the public at large by being seen at events like tonight, asked to sing at prestigeous occasions , now known for his character and caring nature, will do nothing but good for Joes image and further career opportunites.
To date, although by 'some ' articles you might be forgiven for thinking other wise, he has in my opinion done very well for himself, and has consistently kept his own council, worked hard produced some beautiful work and is well placed to succeed.
He is not, in my opinion, in need of radio coverage to make his mark, as although a hit would be nice, and it will eventually come.....he is destined for much greater and better things...  :ilovejoe:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:50:23 AM by marylou »

Caroline

• Feel the Fire
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 10:48:54 AM »
I hope so to, I need to do some more readng about radio stations and how they play artists etc.

Im sure it has a lot to do with there record companys and distributors. I would have thought Xfactor winners get gauranteed air play at least for the first year, they do here but after that fade into the wood work. Who knows what damage was done with Syco.

Good night all as very late here thanks for the chat will catch up in the morning, go Jade with her new radio station

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »
 :goodpost: marylou

And sadly not carisma - most of the music industry here is very anti-XFactor.

adayseye

• Superman
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
I hope so to, I need to do some more readng about radio stations and how they play artists etc.

Im sure it has a lot to do with there record companys and distributors. I would have thought Xfactor winners get gauranteed air play at least for the first year, they do here but after that fade into the wood work. Who knows what damage was done with Syco.

Good night all as very late here thanks for the chat will catch up in the morning, go Jade with her new radio station

I emailed various members Joe's 'people' when he was with Syco and they all told me that airplay is down to the label so if Universal can't get it then it's a deep issue ;)

Good night! Sweet dreams!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:53:56 AM by adayseye »

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »
thanks caroline, it's an internet station ran by a friend of mine and i occasionally do shows on it. joe has heard of it, he gave it a shoutout when i met him at clacton! when on a radio station, you have to invent your target listener, so for capital for example, you have to think of the age range first, like i don't know, 10 years to 30 years for example, and then look at what kind of music that generation of people like, so they play mostly pop, s you wouldn't get any heavy rock being played. you then have to think, will this generation of people pass our information down onto the next generation of people. I learned al about this on work experience and you also have to look at when radio is most popular during the day too.

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

adayseye

• Superman
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 11:00:17 AM »
thanks caroline, it's an internet station ran by a friend of mine and i occasionally do shows on it. joe has heard of it, he gave it a shoutout when i met him at clacton! when on a radio station, you have to invent your target listener, so for capital for example, you have to think of the age range first, like i don't know, 10 years to 30 years for example, and then look at what kind of music that generation of people like, so they play mostly pop, s you wouldn't get any heavy rock being played. you then have to think, will this generation of people pass our information down onto the next generation of people. I learned al about this on work experience and you also have to look at when radio is most popular during the day too.

Thanks Jade that's very interesting. So maybe Joe's very wide demographic appeal has them all a bit confused :haha:

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »
and also on the radio, you have your playlist fitted in the day before, you write it out, it's all very precise, all the minutes and seconds have to fit in exactly and then you fit in requests, whereas with me on the internet, i just play any old song that i feel like. also if you don't get many requests, then they tell you to make it up! i always find it so hard, saying i'll finish at 2, then i always run over!

litcar

• Superman
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »
Well Jade I always enjoy listening to your radio show because you play loads of Joe but also other music which I love. you are the only radio station that ever played my request so thank you for everything.  I know I'm going back a few posts but I can't understand how that radio station you were at could play JLS but not Joe. They both came out from XF so that's not their excuse surely.

BlueAngel51

• Superman
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 11:14:39 AM »
And it's the same even on the "oldie" stations like Magic. Such a wealth of music to choose from and yet they play the same tracks day in and day out.

Actually Boy George tweeted that ( not just about  Magic but  radio in general ) just the other day and Will Young repiled "Amen to that"

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
i know, i just don't get it!

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »
agree jude definatly  joe could be played on magic-- very suited to joes type of music --- ridiculous his not played on there at all.

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 11:29:11 PM »
now wouldn't it be great if someone important who was at the rah tonight could go and demand that joe gets airplay from ashley taybor after seeing joe's fantastic performance of twya!