Author Topic: Customs House, South Shields - Sunday 24th April  (Read 7215 times)

Denzil

• Superman
  • Denise
Re: Sunday 24 April 2016 Customs House, South Shields
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 12:42:58 PM »
Will do some poking around  Jade - the B&B that Trudy stays at on Ocean Road The Ainsley is immaculate , good food and you get a fab welcome - all for 25 it cannot be beat - I presume the Mill Dam will be the same but will check it out for you

Den  :wave:

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »
thanks den! I mean, the Mill Dam doesn't give youbreakfast, but it's the closest one to the customs house. The lady who I spoke too on the phone seemed friendly enough, she emailed me a couple of different ways to get to ss, either by taxi, bus, or to take the metro. It doesn't bother me too much that I don't get a cooked breakfast, I can just bring a few things for breakfast to mmunch on in my rucksack, i'm not a huge eater, so not having a cooked breakfast won't be a huge disappointment to me. I can't wait for this though, so excited! will try and get a nice early train so i can make the most of sunday at ss! If the weathers nice, i'd love to go with someone down to the beach or something, i've heard so many beautiful things about south shields beach, and i've always wanted to visit it, it'd be lovely to get a feel of the place where Joe does a lot of his running. :)

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

Denzil

• Superman
  • Denise
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 01:26:33 PM »
It will be great to meet and show you around hun - so pleased you are coming to SS - I know you came to Newcastle a while back working at Metro Radio - lets hope the weather improves by April

Den   :thumbsup:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »
yes   id   come meet you  with  den  aswell  jade    den  lives in  SS    and  takes  me  to  lots  of  lovley  places  im  sure  shell take   you  to them xxx  did  you  get  my   pm  last   night to  you    jade  -- as i  pm   you  about    my  b/b    last   night   xxx

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »
thanks den! I mean, the Mill Dam doesn't give youbreakfast, but it's the closest one to the customs house. The lady who I spoke too on the phone seemed friendly enough, she emailed me a couple of different ways to get to ss, either by taxi, bus, or to take the metro. It doesn't bother me too much that I don't get a cooked breakfast, I can just bring a few things for breakfast to mmunch on in my rucksack, i'm not a huge eater, so not having a cooked breakfast won't be a huge disappointment to me. I can't wait for this though, so excited! will try and get a nice early train so i can make the most of sunday at ss! If the weathers nice, i'd love to go with someone down to the beach or something, i've heard so many beautiful things about south shields beach, and i've always wanted to visit it, it'd be lovely to get a feel of the place where Joe does a lot of his running. :)

It's not the lack of breakfast I meant. Having read the reviews on tripadvisor, I personally don't think it would be suitable for you Jade. I'm sure there are good value places but for the sake of a few pounds as a young girl with visual impairment, I would say you need somewhere that has a reputation for being clean and where you are not left notes on the door about how to check in  and delayed getting in which is what many of the reviewers say.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 07:00:49 PM »
 well  den  is  going to  check   mill  dam  b/b  out   EBJ  -----  den lives in   SS  and  will    go to  check out  mill  dam   next week   ( as its   pet friendly   dont  cancel    jade until  den  who is  ss  local  can   check out    the  b/b  for  you -- trust   den    my  most trustworthy  friend  )   IF    it   isnt    we will  ask  at   my    B/B   as its   clean /    great  breakfast   /  friendly  home   away  from  home   and    the  people  always  welcome  you   to the  door  no  matter what time  you  arrive   ( early   or  late     no  time is   a problem     as its  a  home  away  from  home   --- and   it will  cost  you  25   -- better than  premier inn  thats  at  simonside    and  not  actually  SS and its  dearer     and  less    friendly )  i  have   NEVER  STAYED AT  A   B/B   IN SS THAT  DOES  POST IT  NOTES   ON    DOOR  ------ the only  one   who   did  that   to  me was    when i  went tealby with  hayley   and    at  market  rasen   their  was a  note on  door   with  a   mobile to  ring   to  check in ???????  ( as the  pub   had recently  closed   down  i  believe  ??)   my  B/B  welcomes   you at  door  / friendly   HOME away  from  HOME/  great    breakfast    aswell  for   25    and is the   best  B/B i  know   -- and   as  good   as  any other  B/B i have  paid    89 for   a b/b  this good  in the  south   --- great  value   jade   ----- and  me and den will help   you  aswell   jade  xxx

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 03:02:49 PM »
 ah  well    trip  advisor    says   MILL  dam   not   good !!!!!------- well   whatever  i  stand  by  my   B/B  ainsley  as its  a  welcome   home  away  frrom  home    and    great  b/b    for   25     in SS   ----- its  the only    B/B  i  have   been   to    and  the   one   i  trust in to   stay  ------ i  want to help  Jade  , please read my  pm   about  my    B/B    ----- but  me  and den  would  love to help Jade  in  SS  ???  den  is  a  local     and i  often  visit  SS    NOT   just to  see   JOE   shows   but to  visit  my  friends   aswell   
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:31:51 PM by Tacom »

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 12:01:19 AM »
Train ticket all booked! Yay! :)

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
Re: Customs House, South Shields - Sunday 24th April
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 09:20:35 AM »
selling a ticket for this show.
There are only 2 seats left on the customs house website (row N and balcony).
The one i am selling is quite close to the stage. I believe row c or d (i'd have to check on the ticket when i get home if anyone is interested)

also selling 1 seat for the Billingham Forum show on saturday 23rd of April 8pm dress circle row b central (mentioned on the joseph thread)

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »
selling a ticket for this show.
There are only 2 seats left on the customs house website (row N and balcony).
The one i am selling is quite close to the stage. I believe row c or d (i'd have to check on the ticket when i get home if anyone is interested)

also selling 1 seat for the Billingham Forum show on saturday 23rd of April 8pm dress circle row b central (mentioned on the joseph thread)

this is row D

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2016, 06:35:58 PM »
It seems there is a guest double bass player Henry Willard at this gig  :thumbsup:

Very pleased to be joining @joemcelderry91 on double bass for his sold-out show at @thecustomshouse on 24th April! pic.twitter.com/VtIizKuZSg

http://www.henrywillard.com/

louisew

• Superman
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2016, 08:44:45 PM »
All of Henry's tweet -

Henry Willard ‏@henrywillard  Apr 9
Very pleased to be joining @joemcelderry91 on double bass for his sold-out show at @thecustomshouse on 24th April!

And he has been replying to Joe's fans ever since and following us all to!!!  So sweet of him.  He will regret it when he sees all our tweets in his timeline!!   :haha:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:47:54 PM by louisew »

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 06:43:01 PM »
What a cute guy  :D

I loved that he is in convo with so many Joefans already, he tweeted me that he was overwhelmed with all the positive energy  :thumbsup:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 03:15:50 PM »
HENRY LOKS  LOVLEY  GUY  !!!  he tweeted  me other day  aswell   as im    coming to   see  him /  joe   CH/SS  !!!!!!!!XXXX