Author Topic: (SPOILERS) Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat - UK Tour - Jan-Jul 2016  (Read 82633 times)

piyusha

• Superman
Re: Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat - UK Tour - Jan-Jul 2016
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2015, 11:38:35 AM »
Have held off buying a ticket in the hope the show would come to the "Theatre Royal" Newcastle but looking unlikely, looks like I will have to book for a matinee performance at "Sunderland Empire".

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2015, 07:00:03 PM »
I don't see the schedule as being a problem vocally. It's fairly undemanding and he does get two days vocal rest each week.
Hope Joe doesn't want any holidays though  :haha:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2015, 07:22:42 PM »
DONT THINK JOE  GOT MANY  HOLIDAYS  THIS YR   2015  ???   i   only remember  one    shorter  holiday   after    stockport   final in  july  then joe  came  back   for   RU  COMING OUT   in laters  july    and   then joe  did   BENTS  PARK    2nd   august   !!!!!i   dont  see   why  people   complain   about   joe working   too  much   cos  of  joseph   musical  cos   joe  has  worked  most of this  year   2015 ????? wth  evolution  tour and other things like the   2 others i  mantioned   then  going into  tommy    in  sept  and then   autumn    ewvolution    oct /  nov    aswell  as ones like   TEALBY    and  INDO  CHINE   ------ THE   DINNER SHOWS !!!!! JOE      then joe does   xmas  shows in  nov  and panto   in   dec--  jan  -- then    straight to    joseph  !!!  joe  must  be   a workaholic  by  now  anyway   ---- and  josph   is  less    demanding than    tour   which is   ALL  JOES   SINGING  ?????? JOSEPH     is   an  ensemble     and  joe  will sing with  a  cast   ( NOT on  own  ) also  joe     signed for  joseph      so  joes  choises   aswell 

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2015, 08:36:48 PM »
I don't see the schedule as being a problem vocally. It's fairly undemanding and he does get two days vocal rest each week.
Hope Joe doesn't want any holidays though  :haha:

Potentislly 240 identical shows in close succession ... I agree he won't suffer vocally but he gets bored easily .

He might squeeze in a holiday after Panto but after that he's going to deserve one in July.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2015, 11:48:24 PM »
yes    lots  of  identical  shows   (    a  musical    is  always   identical    wether  its  joseph  or   les   mis   or  tommy   ???-- the  show remains the   same   ???? joe  must  have  knew that    when he  signed  for    a long  running  touring   joseph   / or  any   musical   he  chose   to  sign  up  for  ??)  im  sure  joe  wont   want to  let fans down   who  have  got  tx tho ????? and    many will see the identical   show  of  joseph   more than once  as well  ????if  joe is  bored    so  easily    why  sign   for    a  musical    that  remains the  same   ??? who knows   perhaps   it  pays   good  money  ???    whatever  it is  that  lured   joe to  sign  up  for   a touring   joseph  ------- it   must   have    been    what  joe wanted    as its    a  lot  of   days  /  nights  of   the same  joseph  show  to perform   in ??????? with   not  many  breaks   !!!!!!!

yes   joe  will  need and   deserve   a holiday    by   july   (  same  as this  year    2015  -- joes  holiday  was   july   aswell  ) and    next year     we have  no other  dates in  diary other than    consett  and  blyth   in  nov   ?????? wonderr what other  joe  projects    are in  line    for    aug/  sept / oct 

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2015, 12:43:55 PM »
I hope that's Joe's experiences in panto have given him the confidence that he is cut out for a longer run.
Though the music might, to the lay observer, seem the same night after night, I am sure it doesn't seem as simple as that to the performers. Especially when moving so quickly from one venue to another. And also the camaraderie among all these show casts seems to be fantastic so I'm sure Joe will have a great time with his fellow performers and crew and to a certain extent it even might seem a bit like one long party - I hope :)

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
i agree  jude   ----- joe seemed to love the panto    and have   such   fun  with    his   panto   mates   ---- yes   joe has  cameraderie  with the  cast   -- and    seemed like he  was   having   fun with   his  pals   when in the pantos   ----- im  sure  joe will  enjoy    being in   joseph  musical   --- and  will  have  fun  with the  cast   --- im  also sure the fans  will love   joseoph   aswell  -------- just   like  many   fans  saw   pantos  and   tommy  musicals    many  times  ----- each  performance  will have     somthing  special   in  it    for  joe /  cast    and   fans   !!!!!!look    at last  snow  white  with  billy pearce    joe    even tap  danced   in   a  performance    with  billy   -----im   sure to   joe   and  cast  it will   be   fun   (   maybe  like   a big   long  party  !!!!!!) and  joe  of   course wont  get  bored  at  all   -------joe  always seems  to  have  fun  with   his  cast   and  crew xxx

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »
Plus that not one night is the same....I have seen same shows more then once, and there are differences in acting, in singing, in interaction with other actors and audience.

I am positive that he knows what he will be facing. I am not 100% sure still that he will do all of them, that is a very common thing with long lasting shows.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2015, 07:00:33 PM »
yes im  sure  you  may be right   that  joe  may  not be in  every   performance ---  my    hope is   that   fans  are  warned   of  times  joe  may  not appear -- so they  can pick  another   date ??( other than in   an  emergency    of  joe   not  able  to  appear  thru   sickness??)

piyusha

• Superman
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2015, 11:19:07 AM »
Totally agree with you Trudy, it should be made public that if an understudy is to replace Joe at certain shows, (not due to illness) it should be announced well in advance. No disrespect to the artist who would play "Joseph" should the need arise, but as a Joe fan I would have purchased my ticket to see him perform the leading role.

Of course there will be those who will be buying tickets to just go see the show no matter  who is in the cast.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
 :thankyou:  piyusha    -- for   agreeing      with   me   !!!!! :thankyou:----- im  not  used  to  any  one  agreeing  with  me  ofton   on this   forum   -- so it  makes  a  change   xxxxx

if  i    get  a tx  to  see  JOE   in   JOSEPH     ( i  have   CRAWLEY  / OXFORD     WITH  HAYLEY     at  moment   ---- but  will  get other   laters   ???)   i  want  to  know   that ill  be  seeeing   JOE    in the  show   -- cos thats  what i  have PAID      for !!!!!!  JOE  AS  JOSEPH !!!!      so  i  hope    that    if   JOE   is    having  a  day  off   and    isnt  on  show --  fans    will  be  warned   before   ------ in  fairness   joes  fans   do   travel  sometimes    a lot     all over  the   UK   and   travel  /   hotels   are   NOT cheap    --------- i  wouldnt  spend  my  money on seeing    an  understudy    !!!!!! sorry if thats   hard    but    i   paid  to  see  joe ?????? and  unless   joe  is    in  an  emergency   unable  to  perform    id  like   to   know   before    i  buy    more  tx   ????????????  just  being   honest   xxxxxxxxxxx

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »
I am not sure where that comes from, because I think every Joe fan would want to see Joe as Joseph.
I was only trying to warn people that on long-run shows like this it is common to have a alternate for some days, or for some shows on a certain day.
It is not common to have a list when someone is performing or not.
Here in Holland it is getting more and more common, and I think that is only fair to the paying customers. No disrespect intended to the alternates, who are always in a thankless role to give their best to an audience who think they payed for the star of the show.

It happened to me many times, and I think that is a problem...I bought a very expensive ticket for the Phantom to see the dutch Celinde and was very very disappointed when I discovered that she was not playing that night...my first thought was not to see the show and buy a ticket for some other.
Meanwhile I discovered that Celinde has on her OWN website a list of the days she is not scheduled. Have to say that the part of Christine is too demanding vocally to play 8/9 shows a week, she needs her stem rest.

Joseph is less demanding yes, but again I see it happening that some shows he won't perform and his alternate will...if only for that alternate to be able to get some experience in case of Joe getting ill, or losing his voice.

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »
I think Joe can sing through most illnesses - his Christmas show performance at Whitley Bay was wonderful in spite of him feeling like death warmed up.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2015, 07:57:49 PM »
YES  I  DO THINK  JOE   CAN  SING THRU  SICKNESS !!!! ------- joe    has done that  many  times with  a  bad  cold    at  many  shows    xmas  shows  and others   even on  XF TOUR   IN  2010    joe    was a  new  singer  straight   from   XF  win    and he  always   gave  his  all    wether   sick  or  not  -- joe  is  a  trooper  and  a great performer    even if   sick   -- to  joe  the  show   must  go  on  ???? and  i  know   ALL  JOE FANS  WANT TO  SEE  JOE  AS  JOSEPH   !!!!! WE  ALL  DO    WANT  JOE IN LEAD  ROLE !!!!    i   was  just  making  a   suggestion that  nice if the  joe fans  know   IF      JOE     has  a day   off we  can  be  warned  about  it   ?????? not  to  be   nasty  to  understudys    but     i   would  rather  pay my  money  to   see  joe    in  role   -- as simple      as   that    really  ??

piyusha

• Superman
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2015, 10:41:50 PM »
Like what Tacom had to say about Celinde posting on her website the dates that she would not be performing, maybe something Joe should consider. Anyone on the forum who could bring it to David Hahn's attention or better still Joe's.