Author Topic: Joe Auctions / Charity Donations  (Read 2180 times)

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
Joe Auctions / Charity Donations
« on: August 07, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »
Is everyone aware that the Community Corner shop in South Shields are holding auctions on their Facebook page for items of Joe's that have been donated?

I'm not on Facebook so can't provide the link. Apparently you have to request to join the bidding group.

louisew

• Superman
Re: Re: Joe Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 11:53:31 AM »
Sandypandy has tweeted about it

Sandy Pandy ‏@Sandypandy74  38m38 minutes ago
jumper on auction today: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=878772578868871&set=gm.452192941651066&type=1&theater register to join the group :) #JoeMcElderry #CommunityCorner

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »
Yes but her tweets are blocked to non followers.

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 01:40:51 PM »
The group is a closed group so even if you are on FB you can't see the page unless you are request and are accepted to join. And you can't really see what the page does until you join it.
So the audience will be quite limited. Unless they have a website?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:46:28 PM by judetheobscure »

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
Re: Joe Auctions / Charity Donations
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 03:41:50 PM »
The bidding is by FB only I think .

louisew

• Superman
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 11:00:32 PM »
Yes but her tweets are blocked to non followers.
[/quote

I thought her account was open now.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »
i  met     a woman  at  bents park   joe  show    last  weekend     who  spoke of  the    charity   shop community   corner     where  joe had  gave   clothes    and belongings   to   --- i  knew it was face  book  ( im not on face book   ) and   about  auction ------- but   dont  know the details  --------- den /  norma    knew the   womeni  believe    as   they  spoke of  it   ???????/ perhaps  its  an SS   charity   ??????the   group   was as  jude said  a  closed   group    and    need   a request  to  join aswell     

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

Denzil

• Superman
  • Denise
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 05:33:43 AM »
Yes Community Corner is a local charity doing Fantastic work - they won the Pride of South Tyneside award this year in their category.

We go there quite a lot to buy donate ect and The waiters have played at their annual party where we all had a great night and again a lot of money was raised Oh and I won 50 which came in very handy.

Joe has kindly donated a lot of goods to be auctioned off to raise money for the charity.The ladies have been putting the goods on facebook most days and the auction finishes at 8.00pm prompt.

From what I have seen its tops , hoodies ect ,shoes,programmes - what a smashing gesture from Joe.

There has been a lot of money raised - I didnt bid for any clothes ect but did bid for a signed programme from the Set Your Soal Alive tour as I never got one at the time- thought I had clinched it at the final hour with a 15 bid but no someone else outbid me at 18 ha ha - thats the way it goes.

This may be their final week not sure - they have a special one off auction midweek dont know what it is but I will be keeping my eyes and cheque book out - but some nights I dont get in from work untill 8.10pm drat and double drat - ha ha

Den  :haha:

Den
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:35:42 AM by Denzil »

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 11:24:08 AM »
Great stuff though a shame it's not more public.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 12:12:19 PM »
 :thankyou:  DEN   ------ i  knew   you  were the  lady  with the   good  info   on the  charity  auction ------- pity  you  didnt get the  SYSA  program    tho ????? 

joe is    very  generous   giving    his  belongings  to the   charity  aswell    den xxxxxx

Denzil

• Superman
  • Denise
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 10:49:32 AM »
Yes Trudy the auctions are going very well - the ladies who run the charity work very hard and have families too - so Facebook I would imagine is the best way to do the auction as its easy and not too time consuming.

It will be interesting how much they have raised at the end of the auctions.

Den  :wave:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 01:05:01 PM »
great  news    den  xxxxxx :thankyou:

Denzil

• Superman
  • Denise
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 08:27:28 PM »
Great News From Community Corner the amount raised form Joe's Auction was a Massive 1,244.50

Den  :hurrah:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 10:11:46 PM »
brilliant  news  den  :wavehat:

Denzil

• Superman
  • Denise
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »
Just a quick footnote on the Joe Auction - See perseverance does pays off - was off work yesterday and they had 3 Set Your Soal Alive programs up for grabs - the 1st 3 to comment on FB sucured one for a tennar - I was like a rabbit down a drain pipe - so my programs are now complete.

But heres the funny bit - me and sis them decided to go to the local beer bar to celebrate booking our holiday to Italy , got back to hers and decided to see how the final days auction was going.

Joes suitcase was dangling at 11 so we upped it to 12 thinking someone would up it - No - so now we are owners of Joes suitcase.On closer inspection on the photo it looks a bit battered ect but we are going to take it to Lake Garda and see if it gets there and back in one piece ha ha.

Den   :haha: