Author Topic: Rhodes Theatre, Bishop's Stortford - Friday 2nd October  (Read 3174 times)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
Re: Rhodes Theatre, Bishop's Stortford - Friday 2nd October
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 12:58:07 AM »
here is my full audio recording of tonights show, I was front row, right near the speaker, but the quality is really good! He was incredible! an amazing singer, Natalie joined him during jbj and they sang endless love, they were so good together! Gonna write a review now. oh, and we got extended wide awake, yay!!!!! enjoy! https://www.sendspace.com/file/ue2ffv

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 01:11:54 AM »
My review of Joe at Bishops Stortford.

So, I last saw Joe on September 23rd playing Tommy in Blackpool. Who would have thought that 9 days later, id be travelling to Bishops Stortford with just Brodie, to see him! Id thought about this one for a long time, but id not been sure. It was a shame, Megan who I normally go to shows with is away in South Africa and this show is only 20 minutes away from where she lives normally.
I tweeted the other day saying i was interested, and Amanda dmd me saying she couldnt make it and she had a spare ticket in row c, so I thought id take it, plus, she said I didnt have to pay for it either, which was lovely!
So, I rang the venue and told them I had a guide dog, but they said the ticket Amanda had wasnt an isle seat, so they moved me to the front row, A3 which would be better for me and for Brodie.
We left home, ran to the bus stop and just as we arrived, my bus did too, so we were in luck. We took the bus to Putney Bridge, then got the tube. We changed at Nottinghill gate, and then took the central line to Liverpool street. When we got there, I discovered that there were only escalators up to the national rail. Luckily, the guys here were a lot more friendly, so I arrived, about half an hour early for my train. They were really friendly and really helpful though and put me on an earlier train. I got talking to a lovely lady who was also getting off at Bishops.
She helped me off when we arrived and luckily there was someone on the platform. We waited around half an hour for a taxi to arrive, when it did, they took me to the theatre.
I arrived, spoke to reception and a lovely guy took me into the bar and got me a coke.

I barely took 2 sips when I heard a Geordie female voice. I thought I recognised it, but I couldnt be sure.

are you ok? Its Joes Mam Eileen whats your name again? She had found me in the bar and came over.
I told her I was Jade and that id travelled up on my own and she told me I was very brave. I told her how id been to Tommy as well and she was very impressed. I told her how id bought 2 Tommy programs for Megan and Hannah that I was hoping to get signed, and she said, Come with me, Ill take you in the meet and greet.
I said, but I havent got a ticket? and she was like, its fine, come with me, ill let Joe know that youll be there.
So, I abandoned my coke, took her arm and she took me into the theatre and sat me down. She is so nice, I kept on saying, thank you, thank you, thank you! and she kept saying its ok, I deserve it!
She checked my ticket and the funny thing was, without realising it, shed sat me down in the exact seat that was mine during the show. Then she disappeared off through a door to my right to go and tell Joe that I would be there.
I just wanted to cry, I felt so happy!

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 01:24:19 AM »
About 2 minutes later, Joe came out and asked how I was and Brodie and gave me a hug. I still find it amazing that he remembers our names! He said he felt like Brodie had got bigger since he last saw him, he kept on saying how calm and chilled out Brodie is too. I told Joe that he was amazing as Tommy and he said he appreciated it and told me that id done well to travel all the way to see it. He asked how Sparky was doing, and I told him shes good, then he signed Megan and Hannahs programs for them. He then asked if id like a selfie which of course I did. He was watching me use my phone and he was amazed at how I use the iphone without any sight, he was asking how I use voiceover and stuff. So, he took a Selfie on my phone and he also signed my ticket for me too. He then said, Dont let Jules see Brodie, shell wanna take him home! Hes so lovely though, he made sure I found my seat again afterwards, and he was just, so nice! He then went onto the rest of the people in there. EBJ got a pic of me, Brodie and Joe, so hopefully she will be able to post it up, BumbleB sent it to me through watsapp which was nice.
After I met Joe, someone with a very deep kind of voice came over and sat with me, I asked who it was, and it was David! If youre reading this David, I hope ive not offended you, I just wasnt expecting your voice to be so deep! I was so grateful id got to see him, id wanted to thank him for ages for all he does for Joe!
He said I was welcome. He then introduced me to someone else special, Anthony Coster, who played cousin Kevin was also in the house. He was amazed that id travelled so far as well!
I met Julia too which was nice!
David then started to tell me about someone he knew who was at Joes show tonight who had lost their sight in one eye, so I said to david, to get me in touch with them and I can give them some tips. He said hed come back during the interval to talk to me, but sadly, he didnt.
There was also a lady called Chris who was there too, but im not too sure who she is?

Then 2 guys, Gavin, and Tom, who had met Joe at VIP came over and asked if me and Brodie would want a drink so I tagged along with them and got a drink before the show. They were really helpful!
I had a coke, Brodie had a bowl of water, and before we knew it, it was time for the show to start. I was sat near Helen and Liz, lovely to meet you Helen by the way!

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 01:59:38 AM »
The set for the autumn dates is pretty similar, the song he opens with is somebody to love!
I was front row, right by the speakers, the base! wow! How Brodie slept through the whole lot again, I will never know! He just flopped out across my feet and didnt really move much!
I loved the drums in this, the guitar, theres nothing quite like a full band Joe show! The crowd in there were amazing tonight! Anyone sighted, how full was it? It sounded packed in there, but im not sure?
Someone had one of those really loud whistles though, so I dread to think how loud it was for poor Brodies ears.
I dont know what was wrong with me, but I couldnt stop crying throughout this show, Joe just seemed soooo good!!!
Up next was dance with my father. I love hearing Joe sing this, it never gets boring!
Joe then did his intro chat. He said about the flash brigade in the front row, he could see their little lights on his curtain when it goes black. He said how last nights audience were good and how weve got a bit of proving to do to see if wed be better or not. He then explained about the show going through the albums and everything, and then it was the climb!
I honestly love this rocked up version so much! again the drums were incredible! they just add so much to it! and the part at the beginning with Joe just singing, wow! He really seemed on top form!
After the climb, it was wide awake. Ive always loved this song, but especially live! I was only expecting Joe to sing the shortened version like he used to do, but he gave us the full long version with all the amazing bits in it! That set me off crying again, just wow!
Up next was love of my life. Again, Joe gave a stunning, emotional performance! I loved the piano, his vocals, he just sounded so good on this!
Joe then told everyone that he was drinking honey and lemon. He told us how he had a special metal cup that had came with him everywhere on the last 2 tours, it was like his lucky charm, but now hes lost it. He never went on stage without it. He then said he might have taken his new little bottle from somewhere. he said how he gets to travel to nice places and stay in nice hotels and how some nice hotels, have, very nice things and then nice things sometimes slip off the table and into the case. he was saying how he watched a documentary on channel 4 and they were saying that it costs the hotel fortunes even if someone just steals a coffee cup, they end up spending like 50000 on coffee cups a year! he was like if ive taken anything from your hotels, im sorry!
Hes so funny!
He then went on to talk about popstar to operastar and he sang canto della terra!
This gets me every time, and hearing it front row was no exception! Those low notes, that power, the way he rolls his rs, I was in heaven! I thought his voice cracked a little bit in a couple of places, but he still sang this amazingly!
Then I heard some people saying something in italian and Joe asked them how his accent was and they said it was good!
He then said that ricky knows spanish and when Joe sang unbreak my heart, he was like to rickys mum, how was the spanish? and she said, well talk about it later!
He then said hed introduce a new song and he sat on his stool. he told everyone how hed enjoyed Tommy, and he gave Cousin Kevin a shoutout as he was in the house.
The new song was I wanna make you mine. It was beautiful! So full of emotion, just lovely!
Joe then went on to talk about his heres what I believe album, and he introduced How we love.
This gave me goosebumps, and again, made me cry! Just beautiful! Before he sang, he said he had a really annoying itchy nose and he was trying to style it out but it wasnt working!
The last song before the interval was time to say goodbye. This as always was outstanding and he got a standing ovation!

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 02:39:06 AM »
lovley review   jade  nice  you  saw  joe   and   eileen   and  M/G  ---  DID    YOU  MEAN   JOES   AUNTIE   CHRIS  ??? thats the  chris  i know  of   jade   xxx :thankyou: for  review   see you  at   edmonton   M/G  jade  xxxx

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 02:39:27 AM »
During the interval Gavin and Tom came and checked on me and Brodie to make sure we were ok which was nice. I thought it was nice that Joe had people from different countries there, Italians, and Tom is from France.

The first song after the interval was love is war. Brodie resumed his stretched out position across my feet. I was worried that he might get stood on as lots of people had got up to dance down the front, but there was a person sat on my right and he said hed make sure everything would be ok.
After Love is war, was human! This was great!
Up next was the fun part of the show, Jukebox Joe! The first song Joe got was Phil Colins in the air tonight. He sounded so good at this, I wish he knew more of it!
Then he got asked to sing Sensation from Tommy. I love that song so much! it was nice to hear Ross on the piano, and just to be able to hear the words properly sang by Joe!
He said the band had tried to learn bits of Tommy songs as he knew that everyone this first week would ask for Tommy requests. Up next was the duet! They sounded so good together!
Bless her, the girl was so nervous, but she had no need to be!
I was so impressed though! Gareth managed to get her a second mic.
Joe started off and he sounded amazing! Then she sang and joe encouraged her. I thought she was a bit nervous on her verse, but they harmonised really well together and sounded really good! Im so pleased I got a recording of it! Joe was like, we like a bit of variety on the Joe McElderry show!
Up next was Happy! It was so good to hear this again!
He got a few Elvis requests which eh politely declined. He was like, 3 strikes and youre out!
He then got asked for Cliff Richard, and he sang were all going on a summer holiday!
Up next was feeling good! This was amazing! It was soooo good with the band, wow!
The last song in JBJ was thinking out loud by ed sheeran.

The next song was Fahrenheit! Ive always loved this live and with the band, its even better! The place was rocking, and Brodie, was still sleeping!
Up next was the medley of Dont stop believing and up town funk! I absolutely love Joe singing up town funk, hes so good at it!
Up next was Hollywood! I dont know why, but I always forget about this song!
Its just so good and makes you want to dance!
After Hollywood, everyone clapped, cheered, and Joe sang ambitions!
I got up, danced and clapped along! Brodie got up for like 2 minutes, and then flopped back down on my feet while I was dancing!
Wow! what an amazing show! How does he do it? He gets better and better every time!
After the show, I met up with Michelle, Annie, Tash and Rosie. It was so nice to see them all!
They took me to reception and waited with me until my taxi arrived.
The driver was lovely, he took me into the station and found me a member of staff. As we got to the platform, we met up with bumbleB, Heidi, Geeny and a few others and we all shared the same train to London which was lovely!

I got home no trouble, I got the central line back to Nottinghill gate, Then the district line to Putney Bridge, and just as I got there a bus arrived, so I got the bus home and was back by about 12.15.

What an absolutely incredible night though! Im so thankful to Joes mum, to Joe, to David, to Michelle, Annie, Rosie, to everyone who helped to make it an amazing night and helped to make sure i was safe!
Was it worth the journey? Of course it was !
Would I do it again? Id do the whole thing again tomorrow in a heartbeat!
Roll on Edminton where ill see Joe with Jess! Only 5 weeks to go!
Here is my recording again guys, enjoy!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ue2ffv

Sug60

• Superman
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 03:52:37 AM »
Thanks Jade brilliant review  :thankyou:, so glad you had a great time and met Eileen, David and everyone seems like you had a great time. Have to say again your amazing  travelling to these places with Brodie your truly an inspiration to us all x x 

Special thanks to Mihi for avatar and signature

barb44

• Wide Awake
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »
Fantastic review Jade  :thankyou:
   I am so pleased you got to meet Joe and his family.
     You really are an inspiration to us all.x

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 07:54:49 AM »
Wow that was some special night Jade, really happy for you. You never stop to amaze me with the thing you do, on you own, all the traveling which must be scary sometimes, but there is no stopping you!  :D

So lovely that Eileen took you into the meet and greet , I absolutely love Eileen, she is very emphatic and makes decisions with her heart, love her  :D

Will listen to your recording later!  :thank you:  :thank you:  :thank you:  Brilliant review, could not be more happy for you then I am now  :bighug:

carisma

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 09:59:16 AM »
Thank you Jade - what a lovely review.  How nice it is to read how good people are. 

Thanks to Mihi for my sig  :)

louisew

• Superman
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »
  :thankyou:  for telling us all about the gig Jade   :thumbsup:

About Wide Awake - Joe doesn't sing the extended part live anymore.  It is a recording of his voice which is played while he changes his clothes - it is still completely gobsmacking though!!

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
Oh wow, I didn't pick up on that last night! Something i forgot to mention, before the show, a lady got talking to me at the bar and she was there with her husband. I can't remember his name, but he said he's wrote with joe, and it turned out he helped to write Memory of you and set your soul alive. I told him they were great songs!
I have a few pictures on my instagram  Just posted a photo https://t.co/BqqB03BcTG that was the only one that posted to twitter, but if you look on my instagram, there's a few more :) also Michelle has uploaded some videos.
I'm Gonna Make You Mine - Bishops Stortford - Joe McElderry #EvolutionTour http://t.co/yP9hHIAvyk   Jukebox Joe - Bishops Stortford - Joe McElderry #EvolutionTour http://t.co/RmGopHUsb6   Time to say Goodbye - Joe McElderry - Bishops Stortford https://t.co/l8roFuAOnr via @YouTube Wide Awake - Joe McElderry - Bishops Stortford #EvolutionTour http://t.co/O2najAN7gw   from the girl who sang with him: @joemcelderry91 what a show 2nite well done u.. Even managed 2 sing a cheeky number with you 😘 #nervous http://t.co/gFu4KhvxaHfrom @Littlemushty93 @joemcelderry91 just seen you at bishop stortford, brilliant show and looking hot as ever !😘

trudy, I think Chris was Joe's Auntie, thanks for mentioning that :) what an amazing show!

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »
thats  ok  jade   i thought  it  was auntie  chris xxxx

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 10:17:43 PM »
here are links to all my pics with joe :) @joemcelderry91 thanks for last night! ❤️❤️❤️ http://t.co/1l73D3718N  @joemcelderry91 😘😘😘😘😘 http://t.co/5OXTkS5lJp  @joemcelderry91 i'll always support you! 😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️💙💙😊😊💕💕 http://t.co/BT3XPWhISi

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 05:25:54 PM »
Wow, what a night for you Jade  :wavehat:
So glad that all the effort you put in is rewarded  :yourock: