Author Topic: Millfield Theatre,Edmonton London - Saturday 7th November ACOUSTIC !!  (Read 8384 times)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
Re: Millfield Theatre,Edmonton London - Saturday 7th November ACOUSTIC !!
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »
My review of Joe at Edmonton.

So, It was back in April and I was talking to Jess's mum on the phone and we were both wondering what to get her for her birthday this year which is in May. I mentioned to her about Joe's show in Wolverhampton but she said Jess couldn't make it as she was at college, and then I told her about Joe's edmonton show in London.
I bought ordinary tickets for us both.
Then a few months later, I found out they were releasing VIP tickets. So Jess's mum rang the box office and upgraded us!
I spoke to Ness and asked her if she'd like to come to the show as well because she'd enjoyed Croydon so much so soon after, she had a ticket, and then Abbie and her sister joined us too!

So, I picked jess up from the station on Friday morning and we had a chilled out night and got ready for the show the next day!
Mum and dad arrived at mine at about 3.30 on the Saturday to take me, Jess and Ness to Edmonton. They had told us that as much as they want us to be independent, Edmonton is a very rough area, so they decided to be our taxi service for the day!
So, we all piled into the car and got ready for the long journey. Dad did his usual complaining about traffic, bla bla bla. Eventually we arrived at the theatre at about 5 o'clock. While we'd been driving mum was telling us how rough it looked outside, she said it was just not a nice part of London at all.
Dad sat us down at a table and bless him bought us all our dinner and a drink. Louise came over for a chat and she got to meet us and dad. Then as soon as we were settled mum and dad disappeared for a few hours. Avvie, her sister and her mum arrived and we sat and chatted for a bit. The excitement was building, especially for Jess, as the last time she'd seen Joe was back in November 2011 at the classi tour in Birmingham.
Time seemed to drag by and eventually we got called in. I'd met Meganava a few minutes before and I told her that it had been Abbie's birthday a few days before so I asked her if she saw Joe in VIP to get him to sing a happy birthday in jukebox Joe. We went into the theatre and carefully made our way down the stairs. Some lovely people moved along and me, Jess, Ness, Abbie, and of course Brodie sat in the front row for meet and greet. Julia and David were there and I thanked them again for all their hard work, I said to David, if it wasn't for you, then we wouldn't be at this show right now! He was like, it's not me you've gotta thank, it's Julia, I just ssit in the office and shout at people all day!
Then Joe came in and Jess was almost dying next to me, she was so excited! He started at the back of the room and made his way around everyone. I can't remember everything that was said, and I didn't record the meet and greet because there were so many people around and it wouldn't have been fair on them. But Joe came over and said hey to us, I said, Hey Joe, this is Jess, she met you at your gig at Tramps in Worcester! And Joe was like, Oh yes, I remember you, that was in that boiling VIP room up the top wasn't it!
So Jess was buzzing that Joe remembered her! She then told him she had recently had a MRI scan to do with her epilepsy and she managed to sit through it without pressing the buzzer and he said, that's really good! So you're all good now? everythings ok?
He then signed our goodie bags and went on to see Ness. She then said hey to him, and then asked him for a favour.
He was like what! ... Notice I don't say yes unless I know what the favour is!
She asked him to sign her ticket and he did and then he told her to be careful because she'd dropped her cane (Ness is blind like me, a cane is a stick that we use to help us get around,) on the floor, so he bent down and picked it up for her and then he went on to see Abbie.
Abbie introduced herself and her sister, she was oking, she said to Joe, She's the ugly one, meaning her sister, and i'm the shy one!
Joe turned to abbie and was like You got that one wrong, she's not ugly, and you're definitely not shy!!!
He remembered abbie from the clacton meet and greet.
We all then got a couple of group pictures with him. He then shook my hand and said, Nice to see you again Jade, see you all soon, hope you enjoy the show!
Abbie had also wrote a poem which she gave to Joe. He said he'd read it in the dressing room. I'll post it here though for you guys, she made it from all of us, I think it's really clever and really sweet.

Since we first found you we've not stopped believing, fulfilling each dream you've evolved. Your feet flat on the ground as you keep on achieving, we're so glad we can be involved! We love to laugh but if there's one thing for sure it's that our dedication is real. As genuine as a warm Joe hug and smile, our excitement so hard to conceal! We all need a dollop of fun in our lives, and of course we're as sweet as jam doughnuts. With hundreds and thousands - your army of fans - though none quite as mad as these Joenuts!

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2015, 10:25:52 PM »
After Joe went we all found our seats. Me and Jess were in row B, Ness was row C and Abbie and Beth her sister were row D. Brodie unfortunately wouldn't settle that well as it was like tiered seating and he just wouldn't get comfy, so Abbie's mum took him outside and sat with him during the show. Ness had overheard David saying in Meet and Greet that the first song was dance with my father, so Jess was buzzing about this!
About 5 minutes before the show, I set up a periscope on my phone so any Joe fans that weren't at the show could tune in and at least get the sound of the performance. Then it was time for the show to start!
The moment Ross started playing, I thought Jess was gonna cry, she was just so happy! I love dance with my father, and what a great song to open with! The sound was really clear at this show, but I also thought it was quite loud as well!
I didn't know that Matt was there, so when the drums kicked in, it was a really nice surprise! I was just expecting it to be Joe, Ross and Alewin, so it was lovely having Matt there as well!
Joe then explained about the show that the idea is to take you through the x factor and through Joe's journey. He said how he was mortified about being given somebody to love. He said he went home, phoned his mam and burst out crying for about an hour as he thought the song was too hard and he wouldn't be able to do it. He said that as it is an acoustic show he wants everyone to sing the song with him.
Joe sounded incredible on this, the same can't be said for me and Jess as you will no doubt hear in my recording! We clapped, cheered and sang! The end of the song was coming up and Joe sang his final, can anybody find me... and Jess bless her thought the song carried on, so really loudly went, somebody to love!!! and everyone, including Joe heard her and we all laughed! Joe was like, somebody's early! and then he did his long high note! They'd put a really nice echo on his voice so he sounded amazing!
That was my favourite performance of Joe singing that song he just gave it so much enerrgy!
Joe then said when he performed it a few days ago, a woman belted in the most silent part of that song and she was mortified, she was in the front row as well and she tried to hide.

Joe then said how it's been amazing travelling around this year and meeting new people, performing in new places, and then he introduced the climb!
I do appologise, when I heard the arrangement was basically the same as the full band shows, I was like ooo! and you can really hear me on the recording! I really like this arrangement though, I love it!
I loved it cos Joe sang, Joe aint gonna break no! and me and Jess really cheered!

Joe then went on to say how he liked his stool! He said he didn't have his normal stool that they bring out on the road, he said the one they had given him tonight was really posh! He said it reminded him of 6 chair challlenge from x factor! He was like god, i'm not doing that! and Abbie yelled and was like, we'll give you a seat Joe!

After the climb, it was wide awake. Joe said it was the title track of his first album and it was 1 song that's stuck with him always. He said he recorded about 70 songs, some of which were kept, others were thrown away and wide awake stayed with him, the whole time. Joe said it's his favourite song to perform!

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2015, 10:50:59 PM »
Joe then said how when he does the show with the band it's really rare that he gets to sit down and appreciate the songs. He said that a few weeks ago doing these acoustic shows he realises that people must thinnk he's going through a heartbreak or something!
He then said hello to the newcomers and to people that were back to see him again.
The next song was love of my life, and this was beautiful!
After love of my life Joe said the next song is a very happy one and it's about someone that makes you smile. He said if you're with someone that makes you smile then put your arm around them, if you're married, pretend you like each other for 15 minutes! He sang smile, and I loved this one with the piano and drums, it's so much better live than on the album!
Joe said how he enjoyed smile, and then he almost fell off his stool! He said that was his 6 chair challenge!
He then said that when he goes and sees a concert he must look like he's not enjoying it because of how his concentration face looks.
Joe was like i can't see you all but we'll be switching the lights up later, so if you're having an affair, i'd get out! and then someone made a mad dash out!
Joe said it was so nice to see everyone smiling because sometimes he performs and everyone is so serious and he thinks what's wrong? is something flashing? is something wrong with the outfit?
He then said that he was gonna sing a song by one of his favourite artists, Jessie Wear and both me and Jess started freaking out!
This to me had to be my favourite song of the night! I was just transfixed! I don't know what was going on, but during it people kept on walking in and out past me and all i kept on thinking was, will you stay still for like 2 minutes so we can enjoy the song? I just wanted to completely just get lost in Joe's voice during this song, it was just beautiful! He just puts so much passion, so much emotion in when he sings! Just incredible!
He then talked about jukebox Joe.

He then said he was going to sing a new song that he had wrote recently and this was Make you mine!
He gave an amazing performance of this, it was beautiful, again, one of my favourite songs of his!
Jess was happy, at the end, she said that he smiled at her which was nice!
He then introduced how we love, and this made me cry, his voice was just beautiful and stunning, and that long note at the end, wow!!!
The final song before the interval was time to say goodbye! We all love the way Joe rolls his r's, that's something I wish I could do! at the end, we all stood, clapped, cheered!

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2015, 11:31:43 PM »
During the interval Jordy came over to say hey and I think Mihi you were there as well? were you just being quiet? Abbie's mum bought Brodie in to see us quickly as well!
Then the show started and the first song was englishman in new york. I don't know this song, but I really liked Joe's version of it! I loved the cool little things Alewin was doing on the guitar during this and Jess said Joe was even dancing in it as well! It was nice having Jess describing things to me so when the audience were laughing at things, I knew what was going on which was quite nice!
Joe then went on to give his usual talk about human about when he sang it in the pub and how no one was interested! He said he was booked for 2 sunday sessions and on the way back from the first one he was like to his mam, right, we need to get everyone we know, down there! Let's spread the word! then he was like, see, my marketing skills were good even when I was 14!
He said everyone came down and he sang 6 songs and he was so excited because he got paid 40 and he thought he was like a billionaire cos he had so much money and he said he never got booked to do the show again!
He was like, you are gonna have more fun with it, if you don't clap, then i'm leaving!
After human, he then introduced jukebox Joe!
It was helarious! The first request he got was troublemaker by olly murs! He was like oo, you've come to the wrong show, unfortunately I don't listen to that kind of music! everyone clapped and cheered and he was then like i'm gonna get into so much trouble oh my god! He couldn't stop laughing though!
Then he sang roar by Katie Perry, he had to make up some of the words but it was still great!
Up next was Sway and he was like gonna do you some little latin dancing! He was really good at this as well!
Abbie's sister then asked Joe for a happy birthday for Abbie so I was really pleased we got her that, she had no idea that we were planning for that to happen so she was really pleased!
Joe then got asked for Love the way you lie and me and jess were really pleased! I loved this so much, he sounded beautiful, even if he did mix up some of the words as jess noticed later on! :)
It's amazing listening to Joe sing this now compared to when he sang it on the radio tour 5 years ago, wow!
Someone then asked for Little things by one direction which he didn't know so he ended up singing what makes you beautiful.
He then sang i dreamed a dream.
Then Jordy asked for a whole new world from Aladin at least we think it was Jordy, so if it was, i'm so happy Joe did your request! It was funny because Joe was trying to sing the mans part and the womans part for this song! But he sang it really well!
He then got asked for You raise me up, and this was amazing! It made Ness cry, she doesn't even know why she was so emotional, but she was sobbing!
The last song he sang was feeling good, and this was amazing!

Up next was Happy and Joe was trying to get all of us to double clap for the whole song, he said that was the challenge! Matt had it, he was doing a double drum!
This was great though!
Someone up on the stairs was dancing and Joe was like, you sir, you had the moves like jagga!
He then introduced she's out of my life, and just as he did, and began to sing, his mic cut off. Now if i'd been on the sound desk, I would have been panicking! Then Joe was like, aaaargh, I switched it off, that was me, sorry for sending panics to the sound desk there! He said it's because he's too comfortable, it's not good. He was like, i've said things that are gonna get us into trouble, i've switched off my mic, it's time to retire Joe!
It was beautiful though, the emotion and the passion he put into it was amazing!
He then introduced superman and said he had a different arrangement of it and wow, it was lovely! Joe and a guitar, just heaven! His long notes, the effects they put on his voice, I could just listen to this on repeat, we have to get an acoustic live album one day, we have too!!!

We then gave it up for the band, sound guys, and david and Julia and then Joe introduced hollywood. we all got up, sang, danced and clapped. I love this song so much!
After Hollywood it was ambitions, the final song of the show! This was great as well and we all clapped, cheered, wooped and screamed!
After the show we waited for abbie and her sister and then dad came in and he helped me outside where mum and Brodie were waiting. We said goodbye to abbie and then piled back into the car, absolutely buzzing!
Mum said she was so glad that her and dad were taking us home because the area is so rough, they spent 2 hours driving around trying to find a decent restaurant and they ended up in mcdonalds and then in a pub down the road. Mum was asking lots of questions on the way back like who is Joe's boyfriend at the minute, and then she was like, where are all the younger fans? she said that when she was watching the crowd leave, she hardly saw any young people leaving and she said it was just such a shame!
We asked dad about Bromley for Joseph and he said it's not far from me at all only about 45 minutes by car, so fingers crossed for that!
What an amazing show! Jess is buzzing because Joe remembered her, he touched her hand, and he smiled at her!
I'm happy because she's happy!
What an incredible year i've had though, i've seen Joe so much and i'm so happy for it! East grimstead in march, then croydon in may, then tommy in september, then Bishops stortford and then edmonton! I'm so happy that i've got that confidence now to get up and go, and just to know that there is always a helpful joe fan not far away is an amazing feeling as well! sorry if this is getting soppy, but I love you guys, you are all honestly so amazing and you all have helped me gain so much more confidence in myself, in travelling, i'm just so grateful and so happy!
I just feel sad that I won't be seeing Joe as much next year!

Here are all my links to things, I hope you enjoyed my review!
my periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/w/aQ5LZTIzNzc0NzN8MXlvS01OeVhhZGpHUXc1_iHFHcIHoK1HFJRNhJSZNJ166wF_arWLSsRCLoUq
instagram pics:
https://instagram.com/p/90vVpySBJm/
https://instagram.com/p/90vbzdSBJz/
and finally a link to my recording!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30499328/Joe%20McElderry%20--%20Edmonton%20--%20Acoustic%20show.MP3

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2015, 11:33:56 PM »
oh and while we were eating before the show, we could hear Joe sound checking which was amazing! we heard him running through wide awake and it sounded great! the doors were shut, but we could still hear him singing!

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2015, 11:51:27 PM »
jade    great review   xxxxxx :thankyou:

ps/ can i  say   jade the  man   and  his  mates who had the  moves like  jagger -- was  also the  person (  people  )  who rudley   kept walking out  to the loos  -- they  sat  behind  me   --seemed    drunk   !!! and  kept  getting   up    when  jessie  ware  song / superman  etc    was sang   by    joe   !!!! i  found them   rude   (  the   4 of them  got  up  for  loos   twice )   and thats  what   you   could hear    rushing past  you   jade   xxxx im  glad they   redeemed   themselves  by  dancing  like    jagger in   end   of   show !!!    i  had   moved   myself to the  front  side    to  dance  by then    anyway    ----- enjoyed  dancing at  front  xxx

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

blackenroses

• Superman
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2015, 04:04:04 AM »
What a fabulous review of the show, I enjoyed reading it. So detailed and so much love :thumbsup: Thank you so much Jade!  :thankyou:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2015, 06:59:43 AM »
Wonderful review Jade. I really like all the detail about what Joe says  :yourock: :thankyou:

jadesharp1992

• Superman
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »
ah, thanks for explaining Trudy, I did wonder about what was going on! Joe also had a really long wire on his mic and he said how he looked like Salene Deon with the wire!

mihi

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2015, 05:26:23 PM »
ah, thanks for explaining Trudy, I did wonder about what was going on! Joe also had a really long wire on his mic and he said how he looked like Salene Deon with the wire!
The wired mic was there as a spare because his main mic lost sound at some point and when they finally fixed it he switched it off himself during she's out of my life I believe

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »
Love your reviews Jade, so happy that you had again such a great time!  :thankyou:

don'tstopbelievin

• Superman
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2016, 10:50:41 AM »
I don't know if I did a review for Edmenton but here is my review: ok so I got to Jade's and I was so excited for Edmenton, my poor mum and dad had to deal with the talking about him all the way there and back! Anyway, I was at Jades and you can probably guess who we spoke about? We had a chill out on Friday night and heard from Abbie who had said she may not be able to come as her place weren't sure if she was able to. So we both waited for a text to say she could go, which she could. The next day, we got up and we're waiting for Ness to arrive. She eventually arrived at about 12, and we were so excited! At 3:30 Jades mum and dad picked us up, and we were on our way! When we got to the place, Jade's dad ordered us food and we ate. Whilst we were eating I heard a familiar singing voice, and it was Joe singing of course! He was sound checking! We also met Louise, Meganava, and some other Joe fans! Then at 6:30 we were asked to go into the queue for the VIP! I was buzzing!

Joe did a lot of us in one go, and he did the first row, then our row. Now I can't really remember all that was said, but I remember me saying about my MRI scan and him saying well done. Then Abbie said about her sister, and Joe said she wasn't ugly and your not shy. Then we got our stuff signed and went in for the show. In three words, epic show amazing! I was buzzing as he remembers me and also touched my hand and I am sure he smiled at me!

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2016, 05:33:55 PM »
 :thankyou: Jess, good to read you had such a lovely time  :D