Author Topic: Press/Online Articles - 2015  (Read 19602 times)

piyusha

• Superman
Re: Press/Online Articles 2015
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 12:33:19 PM »
A definite  :thumbsup: from me to for this interview (article), not long now for the start of the new show.  :hurrah:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »
 :thankyou: BR      great  interview   

CH/SS     show   starts     evolution   next   sat 21  feb --- see u  all therexxx

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

louisew

• Superman
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
http://www.cumbrialive.co.uk/home/return-visit-to-town-for-x-factor-star-1.1191999#.VN36gHCNdyI.twitter

RETURN VISIT TO TOWN FOR X-FACTOR STAR
Karl Steel

Last updated at 09:41, Friday, 13 February 2015
FORMER X-Factor winner Joe McElderry will be heading back to Ulverston this summer after making a big impression on his first visit last year.

What
SINGER Joe McElderry
He returns to the Coronation Hall on Thursday June 25, as part of his Evolution tour.

Best-known for beating Olly Murs to first place in the 2009 series of the UK’s biggest talent show, his first single, Climb, reached number one in the UK and since then he has released four Top 20 albums.

The Evolution tour, featuring hits from his pop and classical repertoire, as well as songs from his journey on the X Factor, kicks off in Joe’s home town of South Shields next week, and from there it will visit numerous locations across the UK over more than 100 shows.

He says: “Performing live is my main passion so it was a no-brainer for me to do so many dates. Due to the success of last year’s tour, I wanted to take the show to every corner of the country giving as many fans and music lovers the opportunity to see a big production show locally where perhaps they normally wouldn’t.”

Tickets for the Ulverston show are available from the venue’s box office.

blackenroses

• Superman
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »
What's On Somerset ‏@Giles_Adams  10h
New issue of What's On Somerset features X-Factor winner @joemcelderry91 read it here: http://t.co/MT1FyxVtQ0

Page 9

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 12:46:56 AM »
 :thankyou: BR  XXXX

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 11:34:20 AM »
 :thankyou:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 12:41:23 AM »
 :thankyou:   br xxxx

carm

• Superman
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 11:44:41 AM »
 :thankyou:

blackenroses

• Superman
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 02:28:31 PM »
http://www.u.tv/Entertainment/2015/03/04/Joe-McElderry-looks-forward-to-NI-shows-32859

The Geordie singer is currently embarking on an 80-date tour of the UK, which includes a gig at Belfast’s Grand Opera House on Sunday 15 March and Derry’s Millennium Forum on Monday 16 March.

Speaking to UTV, Joe explained his upcoming concerts will have a very “stripped back” feel to them.

He said: “This is the Evolution Tour and we are bringing the acoustic show over (to Northern Ireland). So it’s quite stripped back and it’s all about the music really. I think with an acoustic show you just get the raw emotion from the songs.

“I’m going to be doing some of my pop stuff and some of my classical stuff from all four albums, and it’s just about showing how I have changed musically over the past five years. So you’ll get a little bit of a storyline with it as well.”

Since winning the X Factor, Joe has experimented with a number of musical genres, and he feels it’s all gone towards moulding him into the artist he wants to be.

He continued: “The first album I did was kind of like dance pop and then I went on to do (TV programme) Popstar to Operastar and that changed my whole genre of music to classical stuff. After that I did a bit of songwriting and I think it had a bit of a twist of country and western feel to it.

“Now, I’ve been recording new material for about two years and it’s just different I think, it’s more mature, it’s grown up, I’ve gone through a lot more experiences and I’ve written some of the material, which I think makes a huge difference.”

Having performed in Northern Ireland before, the singer knows he will get a warm welcome from his fans, who he says are a mix of “crazy” and “really supportive”.

“Fans in Northern Ireland are crazy – they are very expressive,” he said. “They want to scream and shout and it’s really nice actually, they are so excited all the time. And I like that – I’m a positive person.

“Whenever I come to Northern Ireland everyone is so polite and cheerful and happy. And they are really supportive of what you do. They really get behind you which is nice.”

After winning The X Factor in 2009, Joe has tried his hand at many ventures including Popstar to Operastar, Channel 4 series The Jump and even panto, but for him touring is where he feels most at home and despite a huge set of concerts ahead of him, he says he’s taking it all in his stride.

“I’m one of these people I get bored very easily,” he explained. “So for me, when you’re in that routine of getting up everyday, going somewhere, doing the soundcheck, doing the gig, going somewhere else, I kind of find that quite exciting. I love to be around people and I don’t like sitting around and doing nothing.

“But I do miss nice cooked food, sometimes it’s just service stations all the time. And sometimes I miss my own bed. Waking up in my own bed and not having to think about where I am.”

On his busy year ahead, he added: “I’m working on new material and I really need to knuckle down and get a new album out, so I’ll probably be working on that. And we’ve announced dates that will keep me going until December so it’s a full on year but it’s better than sitting around doing nothing!”

Quick fire questions

Who would be your ideal duet partner?
Tina Turner or Celine Dion.

Who is the nicest celebrity you’ve ever met?
Alicia Keys, she was lovely, as was Rihanna. And I worked with George Michael and he was really nice.

What would you say is your biggest achievement to date?
I’ve got snapshots along the way – obviously winning The X Factor was the kickstarter. Releasing my fourth album was an achievement. Completing last year’s tour – it was the biggest thing I had done and I didn’t know if I was going to be able to pull it off!

Who would you rather be stuck in a lift with - Simon Cowell or Louis Walsh?
Louis Walsh – I think he would be more entertaining.

Which would you prefer – a night on the town or a night on the sofa with a DVD boxset?
A night out on the town!

When touring what item can you not leave home without?
I have a metal cup with a metal straw – it’s like a posh milkshake cup and it comes everywhere with me. It’s like my lucky cup.

What’s the most rock n roll thing you have ever done?
I’m not really that rock n roll – I haven’t got time!

Who would play you in a film biopic?
Zac Efron, maybe... 

Where is the best place you have ever visited?
I love America – I went to Yosemite in America and that was one of the most breathtaking places I’ve ever seen. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Who would be your ideal guests at adinner party?
Michael Jackson – I think he would be quite interesting. Barrack Obama, Joan Rivers and Gordon Ramsey – he can cook the food!

blackenroses

• Superman
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 02:29:39 PM »
Who would play you in a film biopic?
Zac Efron, maybe... 

:haha:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »
 :thankyou:  BR     GREAT   interview   xxxx

louisew

• Superman
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
  :thumbsup:   BR

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »
 :D  :thankyou: