Author Topic: Press/Online Articles - 2015  (Read 19043 times)

tinabee

• Superman
Press/Online Articles - 2015
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:58:05 PM »
Not sure if i'm on the right thread feel free to move;
CelebAgents ‏@celebagents  2 hrs2 hours ago
Lovely interview with @joemcelderry91 ! http://www.inclusivenetworks.co.uk/features/joe-mcelderry/ Ö

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:01:27 PM by judetheobscure »

louisew

• Superman
Re: Re: Media Appearances - 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:42:30 PM »
   :thankyou:    tinabee

Pauline m

• Superman
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:25 PM »
 :thankyou:  Tinabee   :)

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 12:56:14 AM »
 :thankyou:  tina bee  ---- a very  good interview  from  joe ------be your own person  joe   --thats      soooo true   !!!!!

and glad joe loves  queen /freddy murcury   aswell xxxxxxxxxx

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

Tessa

• Superman
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:28:21 AM »
New music is definitely 100% back on the agenda and Iím ready to get some new stuff out there now

I know he said this in the interview but strange that he didn't mention an album for this year if that's on the cards. Ah well just need to wait and see what twists he's got up his sleeve for everyone. I'm trying and failing not to read too much into what that cryptic statement about twists means. 

pumpkin queen

• Superman
  • Pumpkin Queen
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 11:29:08 AM »
Great Interview.  Its made me hopeful for new material on the tour.  He hasn't had much free time though with panto keeping him so busy ?
Follow Pumpkin Queen at  www.themewsgallery.co.uk

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »
i think somenew  songs for the tour     evolution     more than   an album  tessa

tobe  honest    immore into seeing  JOE  LIVE   SHOWS    than listening to  albumsreally     albums  are  not    really    my thing    about   JOE  ----- to me  its  hearing  JOE  LIVE  -- the  albums  never  have  joes live voice

carm

• Superman
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 03:18:53 PM »
 :thankyou:  tinabee

pumpkin queen

• Superman
  • Pumpkin Queen
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »
i think somenew  songs for the tour     evolution     more than   an album  tessa

tobe  honest    immore into seeing  JOE  LIVE   SHOWS    than listening to  albumsreally     albums  are  not    really    my thing    about   JOE  ----- to me  its  hearing  JOE  LIVE  -- the  albums  never  have  joes live voice

I agree that nothing beats hearing Joe live  :hot:
Follow Pumpkin Queen at  www.themewsgallery.co.uk

Tessa

• Superman
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 06:46:10 AM »
Keep wondering if something is happening with the record company.  Wouldn't be surprised if one of the twists up Joe's sleeve is he moves to another one.

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 01:23:00 AM »
Little snippet about his Mam (scroll down)

http://www.inclusivenetworks.co.uk/features/inspires/

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 01:43:44 PM »
lovley   snippet    re joes mam   eileen  xxx

louisew

• Superman
Press/Online Articles 2015
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 12:33:50 PM »
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/what-s-on/gigs-music/joe-mcelderry-ready-to-play-pinball-wizard-tommy-in-the-who-s-rock-opera-1-7102574#.VNx1y2blTME.twitter

JOE McElderry says he canít wait to step back into the role of Tommy.

The South Shields singing star will be taking on the lead role in a new production of The Whoís classic rock opera.

Heíll star as ďthe deaf, dumb and blind kid who sure plays a mean pinballĒ at Blackpoolís Winter Gardens in September.

He originally played Tommy at a one-off show at the Prince Edward Theatre, in Londonís West End.

The 23-year-old, of Westoe, said: ďThe show is being put on by different people but they asked me to do it because of that one-off performance.

ďItís something really different to what people would expect me to do. Iím really excited about it. I think itíll be a lot of fun.

ďIts songs are by The Who so theyíre quite different to the sort of thing Iíd normally sing but I love them and itís such a great story.Ē

He added: ďI canít wait to get started on rehearsals and to get out there. Iím really looking forward to it.Ē

The original album, on which the show was based, was written by Who guitarist Pete Townshend in 1969, and became a smash hit in the West End and on Broadway.

It tells the story of a deaf, dumb and blind pinball player who becomes an international messiah, and includes classic Who songs such as Pinball Wizard, Iím Free and See Me, Feel Me.

The role of Tommy was famously played by Who frontman Roger Daltrey in the 1975 film version.

Joe, who has triumphed on reality shows The X Factor, Popstar to Operastar and The Jump, has taken a leap into theatre in recent years.

As well as his one-off performance of Tommy, heís also starred in pantomimes Cinderella and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and made a special appearance at the Sunderland Empire during a run of Dirty Dancing in 2012.

Joe added: ďThe one-off I did was more of a concert but this is the full show, so thereís a lot more acting involved and itís a real challenge.

ďHeís deaf, dumb and blind so he doesnít react to anything thatís going on around him, and itís quite hard not to look 
when people are singing and dancing around you.

ďI really love theatre and I imagine I will do a lot more of it, but it will always be alongside what I already do because singing is my first love.

ďOne show Iíd really love to do would be a modern story, sort of similar to Grease, so hopefully someone will write something like that.Ē

Joe is in rehearsals for his new 100-date tour, Evolution, which kicks off at the Customs House, in South Shields, on Saturday, February 21.

He said: ďI canít wait to get back to touring because it really gets you in a routine.

ďThe show is called Evolution so itís going to be something really different. Iíve grown up a lot and itís a more mature show, but thereís still the pop numbers that people can sing and dance along to.

ďIím going to bring back some memories by doing some songs I havenít performed in a long time and sing some new ones too.

ďI really want to show people how much Iíve changed.Ē

blackenroses

• Superman
Re: Press/Online Articles 2015
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 10:48:54 AM »
http://www.thesussexnewspaper.com/eastbourne-date-x-factor-winner-joe-mcelderry/

So youíre heading out on the road with The Evolution Tour.

Yes, Iím very excited to be doing it. We are less than a week away from the start of the tour so weíre right in the middle of all the preparations and getting things ready. Itís always a bit nerve wracking, but I canít wait to get back out on the road.

What should we expect with your live show?

Itíll be a mixture of my well known songs together with some songs that people havenít heard before because I want to take the audience on the journey of where I have been  for the last five years. That gives me the chance to perform a few songs that maybe people havenít heard for a few years but also to do some new material and some different covers as well. Itís a brand new show and, as usual, I want to make sure that it includes something for everyone.

Is it fun being on the road, or is it just really hard work?

Oh no, itís not just hard work. If it was that hard then I wouldnít be able to do it for such a long period of time Ė itís fun, itís actually a lot of fun. You have to be very disciplined though. You canít go out each night and stay partying in night clubs until six in the morning, youíve just got to do your performances, rest your body as much as you can, do your rehearsals and make sure you take care of yourself. You go into a sort of ďbubbleĒ but, to be honest with you, I really love that. I love the buzz of being on tour, being around everyone and getting to sing with the band every night.

And you get to meet your fans as well.

Yeah I do. We go out to different towns or cities and I get to meet different audiences and I get to see the different reactions to the certain parts of the show Ė itís very exciting. I think any performer will tell you that thatís the reason we do what we do. To go out and do your own live show, sing your own music and just do what you really love to do on stage Ė itís a great blessing.

We all watched your journey to become famous but how much harder is it to stay famous?

I think, actually, that maintaining a career in this business is a lot harder that breaking into the industry. I know that sounds really strange to say but, particularly on the back of a show like X-Factor, there is a huge expectation following the show and you are suddenly thrust into the public eye which then means that everyone has an opinion about what you do.

It is a challenge, but itís a job like any job and it has its advantages, and itís had its disadvantages but, if you enjoy it, then it outweighs any negatives. As long as I am working, and I am happy with what I am doing, then Iím happy. I think thatís the way you have to look at the industry because it is very tough and itís an extremely competitive industry too.

How have you managed to stay so successful?

Iím very lucky, I have a great team of people around me and I have a very loyal fanbase and I am willing to put the hard work in and I think that itís a combination of those things that keeps you successful. Sometimes youíre not lucky enough to have a great team of people to help you and that can often be the reason why you canít carry on but Iím very fortunate to have people who are dedicated to helping me do what I want to do and they are on the same page with me.

How easy was it to become a classical crossover artist?

You know, I surprised myself with that. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed the Popstar to Operastar show and at how much I threw myself into it. I thought it was just going to be a bit of fun and that nothing would really come from it so it really took me by surprise that people liked it so much and were asking us to record the material.

That was the reason that we made the Classic album, because I was really nervous about releasing an album like that because you think, how will people respond to it?, will the people who bought the pop records buy it? and so it was a bit of a risk but it worked really well and it created a whole new dimension to my career, which was very exciting.

Would you ever move to musical theatre?

Well I have dipped in and out of it and, in fact, Iím doing Tommy the Rock Opera, in the Blackpool Winter Gardens at the end of the summer for two weeks so itís definitely something I would consider but, for me, itís more about finding a role that really excites me. I donít want to do it just for the sake of doing it, because thatís not the right reason. I want to do it because I really want to be a part of something great.

If the right offer came along, or if someone said look, weíd like you to take on this role and Iím like ďOh my goodness, yesĒ, Iíd be there in a second. I like to do things that I can really commit to, and enjoy, and not just do it for the sake of doing it because I think thatís where it stops being fun.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:06:18 AM by blackenroses »

Jo

• Wide Awake
Re: Press/Online Articles 2015
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »
Thank you Blackenroses, this is a great article. It is good that Joe mentioned the tour and Tommy too.