Author Topic: Site updating and maintenance  (Read 910 times)

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
Site updating and maintenance
« on: June 02, 2014, 12:45:15 AM »
I will be doing some work on the main site over the coming weeks. This will mean it will occasionally be out of action for a short while, will look messy, or parts of it won't work as expected. This will all (hopefully ;) ) be temporary and should eventually result in a better looking and working main site. The forums will be unaffected by any of the work being done and should remain fully functional throughout.

jadesharp1992

• Superman
Re: Site updating and maintenance
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:13:45 AM »
oo, i'll have a look! is it bad that I don't really use the main site much? i've just got the forum in my bookmarks so i can access that nice and quickly. :)

Joe is such an inspiration to me, and I am so proud to be a fan of his! Supporting him always! :)

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 06:50:11 PM »
I will be applying some tweaks tonight which will put the main site out of action for a short while.
The forums should be unaffected.

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 11:37:20 PM »
The update is complete.

You will very likely not see any difference at all - it was a back-end tweak in readiness for the major revamp that is coming soon.

One of the consequences of the update is that all the internal links needed to be modified. Many of them have already been done but if you click on a link and it doesn't work could you let me know? Please state the page you were on at the time and the link that you clicked.

:thankyou:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 10:04:48 AM »
If you have the JoeNuts main site stored in your bookmarks you may need to reset it from www.joe-music.net/wordpress to www.joe-music.net
If you already have it set to www.joe-music.net then it will carry on working as before :)