Author Topic: Joe's Band  (Read 15604 times)

joan46

• Superman
Re: Joe's Band
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 06:15:18 PM »
I'm sure you know by now that I am a BIG Matt fan. Sooooo..... there he was helping to load up the van after Torquay ......had to have a quick chat!!!

He was just out of college when working with Joe came his way. He says he was lucky but I think it was his talent! He sees his career in pop, not classical and said that if he wanted to go down the classical route he would have to study at the conservatoire.

He worked with Joe the afternoon of Torquay to get Joe ready for his drumming debut   :D  and was pleased with how he performed    :haha: (its was quite a moment when I suddenly realised Joe had a pair of drum sticks in his hands AND was going to use them.  It sounded great but think that might have been down to Matt to some extent, but Ill give it    :ten:

Matt doesn't know yet whether he will be on the Set Your Soul Alive tour but he hopes that he will.

Really enjoyed Aylwin at Torquay too. Maybe he came out of his shell a bit without Jamie there.   :thumbsup:

It was lovely to meet you Louise even if it was briefly  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:37:18 PM by judetheobscure »

louisew

• Superman
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 06:59:54 PM »
I'm sure you know by now that I am a BIG Matt fan. Sooooo..... there he was helping to load up the van after Torquay ......had to have a quick chat!!!

He was just out of college when working with Joe came his way. He says he was lucky but I think it was his talent! He sees his career in pop, not classical and said that if he wanted to go down the classical route he would have to study at the conservatoire.

He worked with Joe the afternoon of Torquay to get Joe ready for his drumming debut   :D  and was pleased with how he performed    :haha: (its was quite a moment when I suddenly realised Joe had a pair of drum sticks in his hands AND was going to use them.  It sounded great but think that might have been down to Matt to some extent, but Ill give it    :ten:

Matt doesn't know yet whether he will be on the Set Your Soul Alive tour but he hopes that he will.

Really enjoyed Aylwin at Torquay too. Maybe he came out of his shell a bit without Jamie there.   :thumbsup:

It was lovely to meet you Louise even if it was briefly  :)

Likewise! Thanks for sorting the ticket!   :thumbsup:

Tessa

• Superman
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 07:38:04 PM »
They call it the conservatorium of music here and they teach everything not just classical.

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »
They were called music colleges in the good old days - none of this fancy French stuff ;)

:haha:
Did you always call a repertoire a repertoire or did you call it a list of music or song :haha:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »
I'm just saying how it was.

There was the Royal College of Music, the Royal Academy of Music, Trinity College of Music, Guildhall School of Music and Drama and London College of Music (in London), then the Royal Northern College, the Royal Scottish Academy etc. etc.

Jointly they were all called music colleges and conservatoires was used for European colleges of music mostly.
Don't see why we needed to go all "posh"  :roll:

i don't know the etymology of repertoire. Maybe good old "set list" would do  :snigger:

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 08:33:31 PM »
 :-)

Ping - Annie L

• RIP
  • Superman
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »
and then there's genre.............................. :)

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 09:59:24 PM »
 :lol:

JazDarcy

• Administrator
  • Superman
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »
I could add an intelligent opinion here but I'd rather just mention that I think Matt is pretty damn good looking  :-)

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 10:19:39 PM »
I agree JJ
That is why I was shocked he was so young, that is not appropriate at my age. :snigger:

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 10:22:49 PM »
beauty doesn't take note of age ;)

Ping - Annie L

• RIP
  • Superman
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 10:25:09 PM »
I agree JJ
That is why I was shocked he was so young, that is not appropriate at my age. :snigger:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

oh dear Taco....... inappropriate is my middle name (and I suspect a lot of my mates!)  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 11:09:11 PM »
He's good looking in an Eddie Redmayne kind of way if you ask me  :haha:

I think I had his age about right. I didn't think he was more than about 20. There's some very talented musicians out there, even younger than he is :)

MEW

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »
I like the guy behind Joe here

I forgot what his name is but I follow him on twitter. How awful am I? :blush: But yeah, I like the sexual tension between him and Joe in the video. :snigger: :run:

22/5/2010 4/6/2011 5/6/2011 24/7/2011 5/11/2011 11/8/2012
http://www.mcelderrydaily.com/

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:53 PM »
Aylwin :)