Author Topic: Memory of You  (Read 5783 times)

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
Re: Memory of You
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2013, 10:56:28 PM »
 :goodpost: kanga

And it was lovely meeting you as well  :thumbsup:

cassi

• Superman
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2013, 03:06:42 PM »
Well all I can say is an amazing voice and incredible performance is what I heard and saw .Dont know why anyone would have any reason to criticise  :ten: from me  :thumbsup:

I second that Joan. :D

Eleanor

• Feel the Fire
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2013, 03:32:22 PM »
I would appreciate it if my post could be read again .I said that Joe sounded a bit shouty on the video but that I thought he was probably Ok in real life

Regarding his voice- if he or anyone on hear wants him to have chart success ,well it is just my opinion that his voice is too perfect- . I know that seems a contradiction but I don't think people want to listen to perfection -other than us of course :).

I'm sure I am not explaining myself well at all. Sorry- bad day at work

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2013, 03:42:05 PM »
I know what you mean Eleanor.
Currently the most successful male singers mostly have very nondescript voices, virtually no technique and often very little musicality. That's the music industry for you.
I would rather Joe forged a way through somehow without having to sacrifice what we love about him and his voice in order to do it.

Eleanor

• Feel the Fire
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2013, 03:45:37 PM »
thank you Jude

the problem is Joe is several years too late. His voice is amazing and beautiful and powerful and emotional and all that but it is not, to my mind, current.

may be the pendulum will swing back towards appreciation of a great voice- Frank Sinatra etc etc etc but not right now.

So really, I think Joe is great in many many ways but sadly, in this country he is right voice ,wrong time.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »
 well its quite sad  that joe is too perfect for  chart sucess ------- maybe   the GP DONT LIKE PERFECTION ------ best  let  JOE know to  be in the charts  he needs to be  as  out of tune  as the  1D / OM /  JZZZZEEEE/ WILL--IAMS OF THIS  WORLD --------- what a shame yvie  burnett  didnt tell joe that on  XF 2009 ------- that he needed  NOT ----- be  note perfect -- as he  was  after all -- and he would get in charts  with being imperfect  voice  like all the over overhyped / over supported by cowell / global  artists --------- but -- maybe  we wouldnt have loved his voice  then would  we ------- and the way i look at it i can follow  the imperfecrion  of  someone like oliver stan ---- cos everyone loves  someone  as imperfect  like him ------ but ---- he  aint for me ----- truly  i beleive if cowell told global to play winner  joe  nearly 4 years  ago -- joe would have been the chart  sucess   OM  is --- not  about perfection  or  imperfectuon --- and  all about  the biases of cowell  and  global---- and face fits  in media ------ look  at  rylan clark -------- he is  a tv  sucess  and he is  a talentless essex boy whoes face fits ------- by  the way  if joes voice is too  perfect  now ----- he deffo dont need the  voice training then ????? :lol:

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

blackenroses

• Superman
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2015, 05:37:20 AM »
Ross Wall has just uploaded this video on his Youtube page  :D

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2015, 07:32:39 AM »
Thanks - that's from Gravesend so presumably part of the DVD filluming that never got released.

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2015, 08:15:16 AM »
Interesting that it ends up on youtube after all  :ten:

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2015, 08:57:46 AM »
Maybe we'll get enough bits over time  to mash up our own !!

joefan43

• Superman
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2015, 01:20:29 PM »
He's also added Love Of My Life

Credit to Mew for the lovely signature