Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius  (Read 7132 times)

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
Re: Oscar Pistorius
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 10:26:53 AM »
I don't know if I would shoot anyone through a door. I would wait to see who is there. But when you are scared you don't react the same way as when you have time to think. You might just keep shooting.
Does he have any kind of mental illness? Paranoia or anything like that?

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
From other reports you get the impression he was very anxious about his safety.

Pistorius, 26, who faces a bail hearing on Tuesday, told an interviewer last year that he kept a cricket bat behind his door, along with a pistol by his bedside and a machinegun under his window.

He has had to surrender guns as well.

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
 :shock1:
if you feel like that when you go to bed, there is something wrong. And she tried to surprise him by going back home without telling him, right?
she didn't think this straight at all either...

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 12:12:29 PM »
I don't think that part is true (obviously don't know) but I think he said she was in the bed when he got up and he thought she was still there when he went to investigate the bathroom.

South Africa is a violent country with a very high rate of murder  :(

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 12:20:29 PM »
alright. I stayed with the story that said she surprised him going back home.
I thought he shot because he didn't know she was in the house.

I know that it's quite violent over there. I don't know where he lives. Is he not in a private residential area, a "safe" place?
not that it would change anything to his anxiety anyway...

Craftie16

• Superman
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 12:41:40 PM »
I wouldnt like being the judge in this case - dont think they have a jury over there - do they??  There are so many conflicting stories going around and unfortunately he made sure that the only other person that could tell the truth is dead. 

I find it hard to believe that he didnt realise she wasnt in the bed - In my opinion he should be charged with murder but because he is such a huge celebrity over there he will most likely get charged with manslaughter.

Thanks to Mihi for my sig

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
also, we probably don't get all the info as some would be kept secret from the media. and the media have their own way to telling stories.
it's difficult to judge without the court details, but i have to say that this story doesn't make much sense. Then again, stranger things have happened, I guess.

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 12:51:34 PM »

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »
 hopefully all his guns are taken away  from him ----- this story  has lots of holes in as they say ---- as some say thay heard  shouting  between  oscar / reeva  before the shooting so i dont know what to believe is true

well joe may have snow but -- london doesnt at the moment

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

sandypandy74

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »
she must have been scared hearing him shout to her to call the police and she was stuck in the toilet.
she probably thought there was someone in the house and didn't say a word so they wouldn't know she couldn't call.
but he didn't think of checking if she was safely in the bed before taking his gun from under that same bed??? how big is the bed that you wouldn't see? if you manage to go onto the balcony to get a fan and bring it back in the room, your eyes must get used to the darkness... if not, you touch the bed to check if she's there.
suspicious, but it's easy to think about it once it's happened...

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 01:58:31 PM »
The thing about the shouting that was heard was at the bail hearing regarded as unreliable - the police officer who got that statement has been removed from the case as apparently the witness to it was 600m away from the Pistorius house.

According to his statement, I think he went from the bed (where she was) to the balcony and then from the balcony to the bathroom - how much of the bed he would have noticed/seen given that he says it was pitch black, only someone with access to the room layouts would know.

At an early stage some of the police statements annoyed me - questioning why she would have locked the door as if no-one locks the door when they use the toilet, questioning why she had her mobile phone with her in the toilet - making assumptions that she was scared just because she did these two things. And leaking small details before any hearing.

However, he does have some question marks over his temperament and whatever the ins and outs of the case he has killed someone. Whether it's premeditated or not, unless the defence are going to show that he was not of sound mind then I should imagine he will get a jail term - I can't see any other sentence being satisfactory.

carisma

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »
This article gives some insight into how Reeva's family are feeling.

I really don't know what to make of it.  It is incomprehensible to me that any would shoot through a closed door, regardless of who was behind it, far less not making sure it wasn't the person that you knew was in the house with you.  But I don't live in SA, and don't live with the constant threat of danger.  I am also a bit bemused by the SA judicial system and on the surface lots of things don't add up - not least of which why the charges against the lead detective were reinstated this week, when they had previously been withdrawn

I have long been an admirer of Oscar Pistorius and how he refused to let his disability defeat him and fought so hard to be able to compete at the Olympics as well as the Paralympics, but I was disappointed at the lack of sportsmanship he displayed at the Paralympics when the Brazilian Alan Oliveira beat him in the final of the 200m ( I am aware that this doesn't make him a murderer though).

Thanks to Mihi for my sig  :)

Ping - Annie L

• RIP
  • Superman
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 02:22:28 PM »
Did he have to put his prosthetic legs on? Can he walk without them? If he had to put them on would she not have woken up? I think its all a bit too vague to make assumptions but somehow I don't feel confident about his story... :( (the bits we 'know' anyway)

carisma

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »
He can walk without them, but even the stories of when he had them on and didn't don't tally depending on who is telling them. 

After he left the balcony he had to go back to the bed to pick up the gun (he didn't take it with him to the balcony) so you would have thought he realised then that Reeva wasn't in the bed, but it easy to play armchair detectives.

Sandy the story about her surprising him with a visit at 3.00 am was discredited almost immediately.

Thanks to Mihi for my sig  :)

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »
He walks without them. This is part of the prosecution's case, that the ballistic type things show that the shots were fired from a normal person's standing height whereas Pistorius says he didn't put on his prosthetics until later.

I will move this to a separate thread as it's more than a few posts now.