Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius  (Read 7490 times)

Trudy

• Superman
Re: Oscar Pistorius
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »
probably   10 years   at  most   ??????

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2015, 09:24:25 PM »
I don't think he has an electronic band/tag.

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2015, 10:17:20 PM »
I assumed he had some sort of electronic band to keep him in house.

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »
It was just something I read somewhere, to do with not having legs.

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2015, 10:57:17 AM »
http://time.com/4140148/pistorius-bail-murder-conviction/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

He's got bail.
He will appeal to the constitutional court.
It appears he does have some sort of electronic monitoring.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-return-uncles-mansion-6972712?ICID=FB_mirror_main
Or maybe not. But they want monitoring now. Not sure what has changed - in terms of the practicality.

I haven't yet read the report of the Appeal Court judge but I'm shocked that this:
Last week Justice Lorimer Eric Leach of the Supreme Court of Appeal said that regardless of who Pistorius said he thought was behind the door, he should have known someone could be killed if he fired.

He described the death of 29-year-old Reeva as a “human tragedy of Shakespearean proportions”.

He reflected that a young man had overcome huge physical disabilities to reach “Olympian heights”.

But, he said, in the early hours of Valentine’s Day 2014, he had taken the life of a young woman “of great natural beauty”.

could be in any way be considered appropriate. (my bold).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:01:37 AM by judetheobscure »

excitedbyjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
Gross sexism I agree  :shock1:

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2015, 03:09:32 PM »
 does  it  matter if     oscar  killed   someone of great  natural  beauty   ????? or the  ugliest    person    ever   ??????   oscar  killed  someone   !!!!     oscar    fired   4  bullets   --- so  whoever  he  killed    friend  or   foe    with those   4 bullets   oscar  killed someone   -- now   he  needs to  pay  for  what he   did ????

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2015, 04:02:51 PM »
Maybe but that's not the point I'm making.
If Oscar had indeed killed an intruder, would anyone be making a fuss about it?
And more importantly, as ebj highlights, what place does such sexism have in a court judgement?

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2015, 05:49:29 PM »
It only would make a difference for me if Oscar would be in danger himself. In this circumstances where he himself admitted that no one from that bathroom said, or yelled anything, so no, it does not matter to me if he killed an intruder or his girlfriend.

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »
 i  agree with   tacom ------ i  just  said   friend  or   foe   ----- meaning   reva    his  girlfriend   or  wether     foe  the intruder   ???????   whoever  it  was   friend  or   foe  was locked   behind the   door    anyway   ---- never  made  a   noise  who    shouted  out  or threatened    oscar   at  all ?????? NO ONE !!!! but   oscar   shot   friend   or  foe ????   so    NOT  really   self   defence  --- oscar  shot   4  times  no  matter who it  was would  have    most   probabaly    died ??????

yes  it  was  sexist   remark  in  court --- and   it should   not  have beeeen  made  at  all  ????? i   agree  with   ebj 

maybe the family  of   a  supposed intruder    would have  maybe    made   a fuss????? 

Denzil

• Superman
  • Denise
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2015, 08:41:20 PM »
To be honest I am sick of hearing about it all  - as sad time all round - a smashing lass loved by her family -she  stood no chance tho against of a  barrarge of bullets - I have live in Africa and I know the fear of intruders - I really do - its not a good feeling - trust me  - the courts need to get their act together for once and for all and sort this out.

Den      :(