Author Topic: General Sports Thread  (Read 15317 times)

blackenroses

• Superman
Re: General Sports Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2015, 07:21:16 AM »
Dafne is the first ever golden medal for Holland in women's athletics and her time is the third fasted overall...I mean...the THIRD time overall (after Griffith and Jones) especially that she was even faster then Ottey ever was gives to show how fantastic she was  :goofy:

Amazing! :thumbsup: She only switched to sprinting 1.5 year ago. She has the potential to become really dominant. :)

Ashton Eaton breaking his own world record, super impressive.  :ten:

Relays were interesting, with the women, they could have put me on the first leg and still won with Thompson and Fraser-Pryce on the final 2 legs, scary fast duo. :D
Mens was scrappy, not particularly impressed with Kilty's reaction, sure it's frustrating, but calm your [dimples] chief. [dimples] like that always happens in the relay. :roll:
China earned every bit of that Silver medal. Best exchanges of the Championships. Flow of the baton was seamless. :ten:

And a word on Mo Farah, the guy's just unbeatable right now. Full props on another dominating performance. :thumbsup:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2015, 11:06:24 AM »
The trouble for GB in the relays is that it happens every single time - or at least it seems to. They had a load of extra practice this year. They were in third at the time.
Yes it can happen to anyone - but it always seems to happen to the GB men. He was furious - and understandably so in my opinion.
They had interviews with the team after the race and he was extremely measured and diplomatic in his response - could not be faulted for taking collective responsiblity and removing blame from his team mates even though it was nothing to do with him - at the end of the day it was Ujah, the 4th leg's fault - he went off too soon/fast, he didn't stick his hand out until too late. But nobody said that in the interview.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:10:04 AM by judetheobscure »

blackenroses

• Superman
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2015, 06:50:26 AM »
Allyson Felix was breathtaking in the relay. The camera followed her down the back straight and she looked absolutely magnificent. :ten:

She ran 47.7 for her leg.  :cool2:

claire b

• Superman
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »
congratutolations to mo farrah for winning the great north run also to everybody running for charity and all the people who are in ispration to others for there achievements what ever they are, you can do alomst anything if you try claire

claire b

• Superman
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2015, 03:32:31 PM »
congratulations to japan for beating south africa in the world rugby cup it was quite a match claire

claire b

• Superman
the rugby world cup 2015
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2015, 05:55:14 PM »
i would like to start a thread about the world cup 2015 it was brillant to see that the lower rank teams are making a name with japan beating south africa who will win i hope england get to the final but i think that australia and new zealand will be in the final what do you think claire,

blackenroses

• Superman
Re: the rugby world cup 2015
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2015, 12:00:59 PM »
Fantastic Japan! What courage, determination, skill and balls shown by this team who never gave up and showed extreme courage at the end to go for the win rather than a draw. Incredible historic win! Well done!

:ten: :ten:

Here it is in full for anyone, like me, who missed it:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2015, 10:19:13 PM »
Fantastic performances by the Brits at the World Gymnastics.
And nice to be able to relive the whole event on FIG YouTube channel.
Tonight's individual men's floor, pommel and rings, and ladies vault and uneven bars:

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2015, 08:01:56 AM »
Yes watched a fair bit of it...although not the same without our hero the flying dutchman,but thoroughly enjoyed watching  :thumbsup:

judetheobscure

• Administrator
  • Superman
    • JoeNuts
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2015, 09:32:22 AM »
I noticed his absence. Has he retired?
You did have another guy who was good on the high bars.

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2015, 09:48:42 AM »
No certainly not but Epke has had a serious injury twice the last months, concussion the other month, he is still not recovered from. He has tried to be in form for Glasgow, but he needs more time. His journey to Rio is maybe affected by this unfortunately.

joefan43

• Superman
« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2015, 12:57:52 AM »
New Zealand Rugby Union legend Jonah Lomu has passed away at the age of 40

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34853536

Trudy

• Superman
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »
RIP   JONAH   LOMU   

Credit to Mihi for my avatar and sig. ;)

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/TrudyDownes ;)

Tacom

• Global Moderator
  • Superman
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2015, 06:39:28 PM »
Oh thats no age  :(

joefan43

• Superman
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2015, 11:04:14 PM »
Just as my son predicted Conor McGregor is the new UFC featherweight champion beating Jose Aldo in 13 seconds